October 2012 Moms

reverting to swaddling

Mobile:  reverting to swaddling

Whoever said going back to swaddling during the 4m wakeful is a freaking genius.  Alice has been screaming her fool head off every time we put her in her PnP for the last week.  This is after 4 months of being an absolute fabulous sleeper.  So tonight after 45 minutes of playing the put her down/pick her up game, I decided to give the swaddle a try.  Between that and a veeery slow multi-step putting her down process, She has been asleep in her PnP for 30 minutes!  I call it a win.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: reverting to swaddling

• Thanks for this! I've been wondering whether to try swaddling - my baby REALLY fights daytime sleep, and she kicks like mad. I will give it a try next time I want to put her down. (Although, miracle of miracles, she's asleep now!)
  • I haven't stopped swaddling... Tanner loves it and he isn't rolling over yet, and still in the RnP, so I'm going with it... I even had to go buy a bigger swaddle cause he grew out of his old one! haha. I don't know what we're going to do when he starts rolling over and doesn't fit in his RnP anymore ?!

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • Loading the player...
  • We do this once in a while with DD when nothing else comforts her.  The only negative to this is when she wakes up she realizes she's swaddled and she's piised!  I try to catch her before she wakes to undo the swaddle.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yup, we are still swaddling.  I refuse to stop doing it until DS is actually showing signs of rolling over from back to stomach.  He still jerks himself awake if he isn't swaddled, so hopefully he'll outgrow that soon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageblp0118:

I haven't stopped swaddling... Tanner loves it and he isn't rolling over yet, and still in the RnP, so I'm going with it... I even had to go buy a bigger swaddle cause he grew out of his old one! haha. I don't know what we're going to do when he starts rolling over and doesn't fit in his RnP anymore ?!

Crib time! We still swaddle in her crib. There have been a few posts/tips on how to transition from RNP to crib. GOod luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageblp0118:

I haven't stopped swaddling... Tanner loves it and he isn't rolling over yet, and still in the RnP, so I'm going with it... I even had to go buy a bigger swaddle cause he grew out of his old one! haha. I don't know what we're going to do when he starts rolling over and doesn't fit in his RnP anymore ?!

This is us too!  I am scared to stop swaddling.  Since we started swaddling at 7 weeks, he sleeps 8 hours straight! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We stopped swaddling 2 months ago. She always broke out of it anyway, and usually before she fell asleep. LOL. I am elated to announce she slept in her own bed until 6am! woot!!

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageLauraT25:
    I hate you all. nbsp;K is a rolling monster, even in her Merlin suit. nbsp;I miss swaddling so much with the timing, I can't tell if her shiity sleep lately is 4month wakeful, lack of swaddling, or both,

dude, even in the Merlin suit?? If it helps at all, Alice is back in our bed tonight. All hell broke loose when I tried to put her down. Oops. I know I'm probably forming bad habits that I will regret later, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"