Breastfeeding

BF 9 month old & 4 weeks pregnant

I plan to contact a lactation consultant, but has anyone had any experience with this? Could you share? The doctor hasn't OK'd whole milk yet. I'm worried my supply will drop before he's a year.

Our Bucco

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IMG_0039

Next Up!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: BF 9 month old & 4 weeks pregnant

• i was bfing my son til he was 14mos old and i was 4 mos pregnant...i read other women saying they bf'd all thru their pregnancy and bf'd both children- but my dr said i should TRY to wean my son but never made it like a "dr's order" to do so...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • oh and my milk supply didnt diminish at all til i actually stopped. and i didnt even have to wean my son he just went from all the time bfing to only at night and then one night he was just like nah n refused it and wanted his sippy lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm hoping our experience is the same. So far my supply is good as long as I drink a ton of water. So you didn't need to supplement with formula at all?

Our Bucco

IMG_0039

Next Up!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I nursed from 9 months to a year with no big problem if I ate and drank enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I got pregnant when my son was 6 months old, I've still been BFing and had no supply problems! :) He's EBF and is slowly adding in solids.  I plan to tandem nurse. 
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • No advice here, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.  DS is 9 months old and I am 4 weeks pregnant, too! 

I will plan to tandem nurse  unless DS weans on his own.

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • you really just have to wait and see. So far, my supply is good enough, but my son is older and not dependent on my milk. Good luck!
  • imagetokenhoser:
    you really just have to wait and see. So far, my supply is good enough, but my son is older and not dependent on my milk. Good luck!

Thank you! 

Our Bucco

IMG_0039

Next Up!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I got pregnant with #2 when my DS was 11 months old. I only have 7 weeks left and I am still BFing my now 18 month old. The main thing I would be concerned about for you is making sure you are getting really good nutrition and taking herbal supplements, otherwise you will end up super exhausted like I did. I have seen a bit of a decrease supply wise, but it has come as DS has eaten more solids. He mainly just nurses when going down for a nap, going to sleep, and occasional short mommy snuggle sessions :)
  • imageAmyG*:

the prior poster mentioned herbal supplements, so just a note that fenugreek is not considered safe in pregnancy.

Thanks for pointing that out!

I was referring to herbal supplements to help with energy levels, not so much breast milk production. You will definitely want to consult someone with expertise in this area! For the time being, make sure you are getting plenty of iron avoid fatigue :) 

• Thank you everyone! I'm starting to feel fatigued so this has helped!

Our Bucco

IMG_0039

Next Up!

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"