Breastfeeding

Bottle

My daughter is 11 weeks and has been EBF go me! but I return to work in 2m and I'm trying to get her to take a bottle. It hasnt really been on a regular basis which i know we need to start. I have the medela and breast flow bottles and have had no luck even if I'm out of the house and she's screaming and staring...

Any different technique, bottle, anything suggestions!?!?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
JHB 1/19/09
Baby girl due 11/22/12!

Re: Bottle

• With DS we used the Born Free ones and tehy were good.

This time around, the nurse in my OB's office gave us a ton of those new Similac bottles (not the ones with the formula in them.)  We tried them and she was hesitant at first, but then took it. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS uses Dr. Brown

You may just have to try many different bottle before you find one LO likes.  

Have you tried different times of day?  If you are trying during the "witching hours", typically 5-7 pm, that might not be the best time.

Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagealie78_80:
    DS uses Dr. Brown You may just have to try many different bottle before you find one LO likes.nbsp;nbsp;Have you tried different times of day?nbsp; If you are trying during the "witching hours", typically 57 pm, that might not be the best time.

You're right. I have been doing it during the witching hours! I was just telling my husband we need to try morning/mid day!

Thanks ladies!!
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • Babies usually decide which bottles they are going to accept. The Breastflow brand is recommended by lactation consultants quite often. The nipple feels more like a real breast as opposed to some that are too stiff.
    Forgiveness sets YOU free!
  • Our LO refused the bottle for quite a while. What we ended up doing after meeting with an LC was dream feeding her with a bottle. It was hard on me because I had to leave the house in the middle of the night for close to a month, but in the end it paid off. She woke up one night just as I was finishing up pumping and I was panicked, but my DH went in calmly and with a positive attitude and she drank it right down. We tried about 4 different bottles and ended up sticking with the original one she took at the very beginning before she started refusing. Tommee Tippee if you are interested. It seems to me like all the nipples out there are too hard. I find it odd that noone has been able to develop something more life like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageviking15:
    Our LO refused the bottle for quite a while. What we ended up doing after meeting with an LC was dream feeding her with a bottle. It was hard on me because I had to leave the house in the middle of the night for close to a month, but in the end it paid off. She woke up one night just as I was finishing up pumping and I was panicked, but my DH went in calmly and with a positive attitude and she drank it right down. We tried about 4 different bottles and ended up sticking with the original one she took at the very beginning before she started refusing. Tommee Tippee if you are interested. It seems to me like all the nipples out there are too hard. I find it odd that noone has been able to develop something more life like.

This is so smart! I'm going to pick up some tommee tippee ones this weekend and will try the dream feed!
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"