February 2013 Moms

Evelyn Marie...our Big Girl! (Long birth story)

Our lady made her entrance yesterday, at 9:28pm. It all started at 12:30 on Thursday night. I had seen my OB earlier that day, and she said I was at 2cm, 70-80% effaced. I started to lose my mucus plug at that appt, but tried not to get too worked up about it.  Anyways, back to 12:30... We started timing contractions.  They weren't super painful, but I couldn't ignore them. They weren't lasting very long, but they got increasingly closer together.  We called the OB on call, and she said to come in.  So we hopped in the car and headed in.  By this time, I was having a hard time breathing through the contractions. When I got there, the nurse checked me and said I was at 3cm.  Insert disappointment here.  So I sat in the whirlpool in the triage area for L&D, which felt amazing! I was checked again...only 4-5cm. The contractions were getting a little longer, and they were every 2-3 minutes. Because they were so close together, they admitted me (6am at this point).  The pain started getting worse, and it was pretty intense in my back. At 10am, the OB on call broke my waters bc I wasn't progressing.  A little after that, the pain was getting pretty bad.  Contractions were anywhere from 1-4 minutes, and were starting every 1-2 minutes.  I asked for some IV drugs to help with the back labor.  It was okay, but I was only at 6cm by 6pm, so I asked for an epidural.   Then I slept, and it was nice!  Around 7, I was fully dilated, so they said it wouldn't be long.  At 7:30, I started pushing through some contractions.  They said I was a good pusher, and that baby probably wasn't going to be too big, so I kept pushing.  Then they found out baby was posterior, and we tried to get her to rotate. No doing. By this time, it was 8, and they (and I) wanted baby out!  A couple pushes to get baby's head a little closer, and to find out our baby had a head full of hair, and then the REAL pushing began!  I pushed or maybe an hour, and our"little baby" came out - 9lbs, 4oz, 22 in long!   I don't know how she fit!  I'm only 5'3, so 22 in takes up a lot of my body!  It was crazy!  

We are both doing great, and are looking forward to heading home tomorrow! 

Re: Evelyn Marie...our Big Girl! (Long birth story)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"