June 2013 Moms

Plus size mamas

Have you gals felt movement yet?  I thought I felt her a couple weeks ago, but haven't since. How's everyone else?

Re: Plus size mamas

• I've been feeling consistent movement since Christmas Day, but nothing on the outside yet. Damn belly. I really don't think our size has anything to do with when we feel them, since we're feeling them from the inside of our uterus. Don't fret, soon you will feel her all the time!
    photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • imageKacyChicago:
    I've been feeling consistent movement since Christmas Day, but nothing on the outside yet. Damn belly. I really don't think our size has anything to do with when we feel them, since we're feeling them from the inside of our uterus. Don't fret, soon you will feel her all the time!

Good point. I'm pretty anxious to feel something on the outside so DH can as well.  

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure....everyone keeps describing it as flutters or bubbles. I have not felt those. but a couple days ago I had a Reeses pieces sundae from Friendlys and for a few minutes after  I was feeling pings in  the same area as the baby... wasn't painful but it didn't feel like bubbles either.  Im not sure if that was the baby or not.  If it was though I think she was on a sugar high lol 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought a week or two i felt something too but nothing again and im a little surprised as its my 3rd baby. maybe it has to do with her being a girl and my other two boys which are still very active till this day. This one also never moved around a whole lot with the 2 ultrasounds ive had so im guessing she has my laid back personality... so im hoping.
  • I think so, but not 100 percent sure. I've read that it's a myth that we will feel the movements from the inside later than skinnier girls, though, because it's not like there is a layer of fat inside of our uterus that would prevent us from feeling the baby. Movement from the outside is a different story, though, since there is fat in the way in that case.
  • I first felt something around 19.5 weeks, it felt like a nerve twitching and sometimes like that feeling when your stomach "drops" at the top of the roller coaster.  It's really low, at my pubic bone.  At about 21.5 weeks, I was feeling some good kicks while laying on my back (so the fat kind of rolls to the side, LOL) and put DH's hand on my belly and he was able to feel it.  It's been a week since then and I haven't felt again from the outside, but have from the inside, usually after eating.
    TTC since 2/2009
    11/2010 - Surprise BFP - m/c @ 16 weeks - dx Lupus Anticoagulant
    1/2012 - Clomid & IUI #4= BFP twins! On Lovenox - m/c @ 16 weeks

9/2012 - Clomid & IUI #5= BFP! EDD 6/6/13

I may have to wait....I'll never give up.
    I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck. - Buble
  • I've been feeling pretty consistent movement on the inside for a while now but over the last couple of days i've been able to see and feel kicks on the outside if I"m on my back or on my side!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm 21 weeks and I've felt flutters but when I sit for a few minutes I feel more rolls and tumbles in my belly. I felt a couple of big roll arounds the last couple of days. Don't worry mama being plus size isn't a disadvantage for us... Because once our babies get stronger... We will feel them xoxoxo
  • I've been feeling pretty consistent movement for about a week now.  I first noticed it last weekend when I was just relaxing on the couch.  For me, it feels like a muscle twitch, but one that only occurs once every 15 seconds to a minute over a period of 10-20 minutes as opposed to the fast repetitive twitching of a normal muscle twitch.  I wasn't fully sure it was baby at first, but since I've felt it pretty regularly over the past week, especially when sitting, I believe it is.  I'm feeling mine right at the top of my uterus, just below my belly button.  It's been in the same spot all week.  What really lead me to believe that it's Baby is that when I went in for my gender ultrasound on Wednesday, I found that Baby is head down with her head by my pelvis, which would mean that when she stretches out, her feet would kick me at the top of my uterus right by my belly button.  All I can advise is sit down, relax, watch some tv, and maybe Baby will start to stretch.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't feel anything until 21 to 22w with my daughter. I've had a few times where I've thought maybe I felt something, but nothing definite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started feeling him at about 20 weeks exactly, but it took a few days to realize it wasn't gas adjusting. It feels like little thumps. I also have an anterior placenta.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I started feeling consistent movements around 20 weeks. Today at 22 weeks 3 days I saw him moving from the outside. DH was able to feel the baby move around 21 weeks. This is my second baby.
    image         image

• I was 32 weeks with DS before DH could feel him move but once he started it was consistent. I've been feeling movement from the inside for the last few weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"