April 2013 Moms

What are you reading?

Pregnancy,  childbirth or unrelated.  I need new reading material.  What are you currently reading?  
If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams

Re: What are you reading?

• I'll share my book review blog with you, though I need to add a couple books to it tomorrow! The ones I just read are Divergent and Insurgent, which are YAL books. Really liked them.
    Mrscsbookreviews.blogspot.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks!
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm currently reading Maya Banks' KGI series
    "You get in the bowl." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love getting lost in a good book. In the last month I've read 9 books I'm on my 10th

all of which are from the young adult section... I'm a sucker for a paranormal romance.
  • Middlesex by Jeffery Euginides (the Virgin Suicides), for the second time actually.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Rereading Lonesome Dove, just started The Grift by Debra Ginsberg. I'm enjoying it so far, def less meaty than Lonesome Dove. 
  • I'm currently reading Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio.  She has 2 other books, The Bungalow and Violets of March, that are both excellent if you like historic fiction.  Over the summer I read A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick which was really, really good.  Its quite dark, but excellent.  I could not put it down.  Oh, another great book is The Art of Racing in the Rain!  I loved this book, but its a tear jerker.  I read the first few pages to my DH and even he got teary eyed.
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Somewhat obsessive reader here-- there is a link to my goodreads shelf in my signature--feel free to peruse.  I am currently reading non-fiction The Zanzibar Chest, by Aiden Hartley.  It is about his childhood and experiences as a journalist in East Africa. 

I'm also in two book clubs: in the first one we're reading Annabel by Kathleen Winter this month.  We read The History of Love by Nicole Krauss last month, and it was awesome. We previously read Bringing Up Bebe in that book club, and it is a good read too. My other book club is for the sole purpose of reading Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace by the end of 2013.  I just got my copy from amazon, so I will probably start this week.

Kids/childbirth related-- I am reading Babywise, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, WTEWYE and Your pregnancy week by week

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • I am currently re reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.

• The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • imagehisbabygirl76:
    I just finished Defending Jacob (I cant think off the top of my head who wrote it) Great book. I read some fluff books the last few months "Something Borrowed" "Something Blue" and "Baby Proof" By Emily Griffin. Gone Girl is next on my list.

Haha! This is me exactly. Read Defending Jacob, but my quick reads have been Emily Giffins books! I also want to read Gone Girl.

Currently reading Outlander and The Devil in Pew Seven. I also just got Womanly Art of Breastfeeding from the library. I plan to scan/peruse that one over the next few weeks.  

BFP #1 4/10/12, lost at 8 weeks.
    BFP #2 EDD 4/18/13. Its a Boy!

• Ive got a couple on the go (I'm a little all over the place these days)

WTEWYE (both pregnany one and first year)

Mayo Clinics Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy

Your Pregnancy Week by Week

The Happiest Baby on the Block

Gone Girl

• I just returned Gone Girl to the library - I couldn't finish it. I wanted to - I wanted to know what ends up happening, but I just couldn't get into it. it sounds like I'm in the minority with that one, though.

So, I went back to a standby author for me - Clive Cussler. Just finished Arctic Drift....took all of 3 days. Wink

I'm not sure what I'm going to read next....

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm currently reading:

A Dragonfly in Amber, the second book in the Outlander series

Hex Hall

Mothering Multiples

imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, by La Leche League, and it is alternately making me glad that I picked it up (learning lots of tips), and INFURIATED by the language choices they often use, which seem to serve the purpose of inciting panic on anybody who can't / doesn't breastfeed, has an epidural, etc. 

So I am not sure if I recommend it or not.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Im soo glad you asked! I have been reading the gool ol what to expect when you're expecting, but my new favorite is by far jenny mcarthys books "belly laughs" and "baby laughs" they have my cracking up about her experiences being pregnant and just brute honesty of her baby boys first year..its a fun read!
  • imagetondraluv:
    Middlesex by Jeffery Euginides (the Virgin Suicides), for the second time actually.

Such a fantastic book!!

• I'm reading The 12 Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis. So far, I'm loving it. I finished three of the Tana French books since December and those were pretty good, with The Likeness being the best of the bunch.

My book blog can be found at https://www.karenthecroccy.com/blog/the-book-project/  ... I have a list of the books I've read over the past few years, some of which have mini reviews with few, if any, spoilers.
  • Hypnobirthing, by Mongan

And Harry Potter...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerandomosity:
    I just finished reading the Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey and I liked it! I've also recently read The Language of Flowers and Gone Girl-both books I enjoyed as well.

Sounds like my book club list!  I also liked Language of Flowers, but disliked Snow Child.

At the moment I'm just reading my Hypnobirthing book before starting my next book club book "Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage" 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love paranormal romance. The first one I ever read was by Keri Arthur and I was hooked! Recently I've been hooked on Rose Wynters. She just released a new book in her Endurers series called Curvaceous Condemnation. I got it yesterday for $.99 for Kindle and finished it today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"