April 2013 Moms

Let's talk about Sex...

I have been wanting to post this for about a week and finally have a free moment...curious, now that most or all of us are in the third tri...which was the best for doing the do, first, second or third?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's talk about Sex...

• For me...first was scary, since I spotted, so we only did once or twice that tri. Second was better, but third is the best, even though I feel like a beast!
  • What is sex?
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • I had crazy sex overdrive 1st trimester, but always felt sick and dizzy afterward from all the jostling.  2nd trimester the sick feeling went away but DH started to get a little weirded out by the expanding belly.  Now that we're entering 3rd trimester, we're down to like once a week, and I'M the one that's scared of throwing myself into preterm labor because of nookie.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'd have to say thrid so far. DH don't actually believe I was pregnant until the first trimester was over. Then I got put on pelvic rest in the second. I guess it's better for us now bc he feels like there is all that time to make up for lol.
  • I was on pelvic rest all of 1st tri, but we have been enjoying it ever since!!! I'm looking forward to some time tonight :
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

this exactly! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker image
  • When I am physically up to it, thirds been good. I had horrible m/s for all of first and most of second.
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Third, definitely.
  • Celebratory first tri sex was awesome.  I didn't have many symptoms other than being tired, so we were able to get frisky often.  Not too much lovin' second tri.  So far third tri isn't being cooperative- It's not all that comfortable and we have yet to find something that really works.  But the sex dreams are spectacular.
  • Our sex life has never really changed. Although this is #3 for us so that might play into it as well. Although DH's work schedule has changed slightly and I try to go to bed earlier (10 - 10:30) and get up with him in the morning so it seems like we are going for morning sex more often but I think that has to do with the schedule change and the kids are still sleeping. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageAngela814:
    What is sex?
    My thoughts exactly 
  • Second tri has always been best for me. First tri I was sick, miserable and exhausted. Second tri I got my "second wind" and had lots of energy (in and out of the bedroom, hahaha!), and while I still desperately WANT to have sex with H, the back pain, insomnia, and feeling like the Pillsbury Doughboy are all serious mood killers. 
  • imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

Haha...I love it!  I would say early second trimester was when the most sex happened for me bc I was barely showing and I could still move around.  Since then sex for me has been pretty rare, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Up until about 20 weeks I had severe morning sickness so that was definitely not happening for us. I then had a short window where I felt ok and wasn't huge. Now that I'm so big it's really uncomfortable again so it's not happening often. 

• imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

Yep, this.
  • imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

This makes me sad. I've been on bedrest and a no sex rule since 19 weeks. Not even allowed to orgasm! That means I've went 13 weeks with NOTHING. Being told you're not allowed to be intimate with your husband is the worst feeling ever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTrishPete07:
    Our sex life has never really changed. Although this is 3 for us so that might play into it as well. Although DH's work schedule has changed slightly and I try to go to bed earlier 10 10:30 and get up with him in the morning so it seems like we are going for morning sex more often but I think that has to do with the schedule change and the kids are still sleeping. :

My kids don't sleep. I fall asleep putting DD2 to bed around 9pm. She wakes up at midnight to come sleep with us. She generally wakes up in the morning the second I get up and she's not physically touching me anymore. The last time I tried to have morning sex in the bathroom, I got interrupted by a toddler yelling Mommy, Mommy. I much prefer morning sex.

I did have great sex every day while DH and I took a cruise without kids. That was second trimester... 2 months ago, not that I'm counting.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

This makes me sad. I've been on bedrest and a no sex rule since 19 weeks. Not even allowed to orgasm! That means I've went 13 weeks with NOTHING. Being told you're not allowed to be intimate with your husband is the worst feeling ever.

what is the harm in having an orgasm? That seems insanely strict!
  • imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

Yes 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We had a lot of sex through most of the second trimester. It was great. Now I still have an extra high sex drive but I am once again totally exhausted by 8pm so we haven't been having much sex the last few weeks.

• imageFrecklesInside:
    imageJordynLeighx3:
    imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

It's not strict when you are on pelvic rest. Having an orgasm causes your uterus to contract. Clearly her dr doesn't want that to happen.

IAmPregnant Ticker

• imageRaven01:
    imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

Yep, this.
  • imagewhiterabbit646:

imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

this exactly! 

This exactly! I am massive and we have yet to find a "position" that works.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pregnancy has really drastically slowed down our sex life.  First tri, we did it maybe twice, because we were both so scared of something bad happening (having had a previous early miscarriage).  2nd tri was maybe a little more... Third tri about the same, so far.  I'm just not up to it, I've had horrible groin pain sice November.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

Yup. First tri we couldn't really because I had a baseball sized cyst on my ovary and OB said it was best not to until it disappeared. Second tri was back to normal. Fun times! Third has been a dry spell. I think we've had sex twice since November. It's not comfortable for me at all and the drive just isn't there. My husband's been good about it. Though he did very politely and cautiously ask the other day if we could try again soon.
  • Gonna be TMI..

Third, although I was lucky with each tri and they were all great, but I can get back on top now and holy mother of god is that stimulating ;) lol

• First and third tri's for us. TMI alert, there a little to much goo in the second tri for either of our liking. I am still barely showing though, so position hasn't been an issue for us.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well I've bn on bedrest and pelvic rest since 10 wks due to incompetent cervix and preterm labor. I got my preventative cerclarge at 10 wks since I had less than 1 cm of cervix left at the appt. I dream of the day my husband and I can be intimate again. I promised to ravish him. lol. It's terrible. I am so jealous of you guys.    
    BabyFruit Ticker image image Anniversary
  • imagekimmarie1105:
    imageFrecklesInside:
    imageJordynLeighx3:
    imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

It's not strict when you are on pelvic rest. Having an orgasm causes your uterus to contract. Clearly her dr doesn't want that to happen.

This. That's why it kills me when I hear my friends say they just don't have the "energy".
    I'm sure if you went 3 months without being ALLOWED to show any type of affection to your husband, you would summon enough energy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No sex since October due to cerclage and modified bed rest.  It's on at 37 weeks when the stitch comes out.
    TTC our Navy Baby since 03/2010.
    1st BFP 10/2010.
    Twins discovered @ 6wks.
    Natural Miscarriage @ 11 wks, 01/2011.
    2nd BFP 05/2011.
    D & E Due to PPROM, 8/2011
    3rd BFP 8/2012
    Preventative Cerclage @ 14 weeks
    ???EDD APRIL 7, 2013 ???
    It's A GIRL!! TEAM PINK!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    imagekimmarie1105:
    imageFrecklesInside:
    imageJordynLeighx3:
    imageAngela814:
    What is sex?
    This. That's why it kills me when I hear my friends say they just don't have the "energy". I'm sure if you went 3 months without being ALLOWED to show any type of affection to your husband, you would summon enough energy.

:( That must be tough to actually not be allowed to engage in any type of intimate affection. I didn't realize that was a part of bed rest, sorry Jordan! I'll just pretend that being able to show him affection and er... snuggle... is still good? 

• imageJordynLeighx3:
    imagekimmarie1105:
    imageFrecklesInside:
    imageJordynLeighx3:
    imageAngela814:
    What is sex?
    This. That's why it kills me when I hear my friends say they just don't have the "energy". I'm sure if you went 3 months without being ALLOWED to show any type of affection to your husband, you would summon enough energy.

Girl, I feel your pain! Complete pelvic rest since 7 weeks here. DH has been amazing about it but man, I'd kill to get after it!

• So far, all have been terrible.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • imageAngela814:
    What is sex?

Lololol

• Definitely 3rd trimester. I don't feel fat anymore, I feel pregnant. In my second Trimester I gained 10 pounds. in the last month I have gained no weight and actually lost a pound. I am feeling really good right now and DH, well he is too. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Huge slowdown in the sex department right away when I got pregnant compared to our typical pre-preg routine (especially becasue we were TRYING to get pregnant, so it seems like we were doin' it a lot!)  We had a couple of magical weeks in the second tri, and throughout first and second tri we were probably having sex about 1X / week... but the last two weeks he has been totally uninterested, and I'm trying to figure out whats' up with that - if he's weirded out about my changing belly, if he's nervous, if he's just trying to be nice and leave me alone... 

On the TMI front -- um, my BOB (and I do not mean the stroller), and I have taken our relationship to a whole new level.  Intense orgasms, which I believe are contributing to my wonderfully deep and restful sleep each night!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I feel you pain. I was put on pelvic rest at 13 weeks, taken off it at at 19 weeks, had sex once and such bad bleeding that I was right back put back on it. My doctor tried taking me off it once more around 24 weeks and the same thing happened again. Now I'm on pelvic rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I'm definitely with the "What is sex?" crowd considering that I was only able to have it twice in the past 15 weeks.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • First and second were both great, We were at it at least 4 to 5 times a week but now that I'm in the third tri and bigger its more like 2 to 3 times a week, my drive isn't quite the same!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • DH and I have always had a healthy intimate life. Although in 2012 it suffered a lot, from a lot of things. Actually, getting pregnant with this LO was the first time we even had sex since our wedding even! in June 2012.

First trimester though, nothing, because of how I felt. In the later middle or later end of second trimester it heat up for a couple weeks here and there.

Third trimester intimacy... I'm 29 weeks today. The last 2 and a half weeks I am like a sex demon. We've been busy every day, sometimes even twice. We now laugh together because he will playfully tell me to .. Go Away, sometimes as a joke. Haha! What can I say.

Also hubby thinks my belly is adorable, especially with it being bigger and getting EVEN bigger every week. So there's never been any lesser attractive feelings towards me. I'm appreciative of that.
    DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Third for me :)

But unfortunately due to numerous personal reasons my hubby and I had to move in with my parents ... making it difficult. My bedroom is off the living room and they stay up soo late!! I feel like I am 18 again and trying to "be quiet..."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"