February 2012 Moms
Options

Sleep and feeding question

Lyla goes to bed around 8:30 and will sleep until 6-7am.  If I make her a bottle she will go back to sleep until 9-9:30. Sometimes though she will wake up around 4-5 wanting a bottle because she thinks its time to get up I guess.  S here is my question....when she wakes up around 7ish should I get her up for the day and let het take a mid morning nap?  Right now she won't take a nap until 1:30-2 since she wakes up late.  The reason I ask is because once she isn't on formula I can't really give her something to make her go back to sleep.  I mean I could but I don't want to continue the habit of waking up, getting a bottle, and going back to sleep since she expects that no matter what time it is.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
3month11

Re: Sleep and feeding question

• Options
    Ian goes to bed around 8. Most mornings he stirs around 5:30 for a few minutes then goes back to sleep. Then he wakes up again around 7 or 8 and is up for the day. He goes down for a nap around 9 or 10, depending on what time he actually got up. When she wakes up at 4 or 5, are you letting her be for a bit to see if she'll go back to sleep? Or do you get her immediately? If you're getting her immediately, I'd say let her be for a few minutes and see what she does. Ian will lay there "talking" and "singing" for 10 minutes or so but always goes back to sleep. As for waking at 7, I'd say let her be up for the day and I'd bet that she'll take a morning nap. Try it for a day or 2 and see what she does.

• Options
    Sometimes when she wakes at the 4-5 mark she will fuss and go back to sleep. If she starts screaming after 10 min or so then I give her 2oz and that is enough to make her calm down and sleep til 8:30ish. I think I'm going to try to make her go until 7ish and let her be up for the day like you suggested. Hopefully it doesn't mes with her too bad.
    3month11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If its natural for her to wake up at 7, just start a new routine with it... If. you give her a bottle in her room, move to the living room. If you have it dark, turn on lights. If it's quiet, turn on te tv. Ian gets up and has a bottle. Then gets down and plays for about 30 minutes then has breakfast. That usually takes 20 minutes or so. Then plays for another hour and a half or so and is ready for his morning nap. I bet she'll just roll with it. If after 2 or 3 days she's just not liking it, just go back to your old routine. Good luck!

• Options
    I agree with the previous post. I would make 7 am wake up time, and try a mid morning nap. My LO wakes at 7:20 am and goes down for a morning nap around 10:15, then afternoon nap around 2. I'd try for a few days a new pan and see how your LO responses.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"