Third-Party Reproduction

questions from Canada

Hey everyone

So I have one daughter who was conceived with DS. I've tried unsuccesfully for a sibling for her but it just isn't happening. I'm thinking of going the DE/DS route. Yes, I've been working with a clinic but I was just wondering if anyone here has done the DE route in Canada? If so, did you go to the USA or is there options here? I don't really have an option of choosing a family member to help me out since I'm last of all of my siblings.

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic] Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: questions from Canada

• Hi! I'm not sure about Canada rules, but I'm pregnant with a DE/DS baby now. You might cross post this onto the new Third Party Reproduction board here on TB. Also, check out Parents Via Egg Donation's website - it's a non-profit org with loads of DE info that spans the globe. Seems a lot of people go to the Czech Republic, for example, and it talks lots about these options. I'm not sure where you are in Canada, but I know here in Seattle the two bigger clinics with egg donor programs that are reputable. Hope that helps a little...and DE questions feel free to PM me I had a great experience with it.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Whoops thought I was on a different board! I see you already know about the 3rd party repro board :) duh!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! I'm in Canada and had my DD via DE. We were referred to Shady Grove Fertility Center from our Ontario hospital clinic. They have been amazing. They have an all-in/refund program. I'd recommend them for sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone. That's really helpful info. I'm located in Vancouver, so the Seattle option does exist a little easier than the Shady Grove one. Still, I find your info pretty interesting. My plan at the moment is to follow up with the clinic I've been working with to see how they refer women. I know that they do because twice now he has suggested to me to go the DE route (since I'm older). I've just pretty much been in denial...which I'm sure you all understand!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic] Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"