December 2012 Moms

Mommies with c-section

I have my 6 week appointment next week with my obgyn. Would he clear me at that point to exercise? This is my first c-section so not sure what to expect. I do feel a little sore still, is this normal at 5 weeks?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Mommies with c-section

• He may clear you for light cardio or abdominal workouts at 6 weeks, he may wait till 8 weeks. All depends on the doc. Also it all depends on the person on the soreness. This is my second one and I feel generally great. I may get a tiny bit sore if I overdo something, but I can tell it's muscular and not anything else.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My doc cleared me for sex/exercise/whatever else at 6 weeks. Some doctors wait until 8 weeks. My soreness was gone after about 2 to 3 weeks but everybody is different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was scared when I was still sore at 5 weeks because everyone had been saying they felt great after 2! It is totally normal! Dr told me I should feel about 80 percent and I am 6 and a half weeks out now and feel way better than I did even last week. It gets better! My dr just said still to take things slow and ease back into it. No Marathon training or whatever start with walking etc and build up.
  • I'm sure it just depends on how you feel.  I felt great at 3 weeks post, but every body is different.  I'd say start with some longer walks and go from there.

• My first c/s, I bounced back a lot quicker than this time. I tried doing a light workout with my wii and had to take a percoset after :/ I'm hoping its going to get better! I'm going to run a half marathon this year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have my appt Monday but started working out Wednesday because I was going nuts! I was a 23 week post op feeling good kind of girl.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My 6 week appointments this week. However, my doc had told me if alls well then t 6 weeks sex is fine, but 8 weeks to start light cardio as exercise..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doc gave me the all clear at 6 weeks. I was feeling fine at my incision site in no time, but I have soreness in my belly every so often. Not enough to keep me from doing things, but just soreness. The doctor said that is common. Of course it doesn't help having a child who likes to kick and so she kicks you in the stomach as you are holding her...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Mine is still numb at incision.is that normal?
  • imageamichael1408:
    Mine is still numb at incision.is that normal?

yes, probably will be numb for a long while. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At first my doctor said nothing for 6 months.  At my 6 week check up, he said my healing was going really well, so to give it 90 days from her birth till I could start going to the gym or running, abs, whatever.  For now it's just walking or anything that does not overuse my abs.  It sucks, because I love working out, but I don't want to push it and make it take even longer.  Good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"