February 2013 Moms

Just give me a donut!!

Anyone else get a massive appetite for the worst things ever?!!! I've wanted a donut for days and today just might have to be the day!

Funny story, my DH and I were in the triage yesterday getting checked to see if my fluids were amniotic (another story...) and there were a few other women there. You can hear everything because there are just curtains separating each bed.

So my DH and I hear this one couple come in. After the nurse leaves them, the husband starts reading something out loud to her and it's along the lines of "if you believe it and visualize it, it will happen..." kind of positive thinking/talk.

This I understand as we're all hoping for a really great labor.

It was her response to his reading..."So if I imagine a burger in my hand, will it show up?"

LOL!!!!

He ignores her and keeps reading. As he reads about visualizing she then responds, "...a cookie perhaps?"

All of us just started laughing out out! I know just how she feels!!!!!

Re: Just give me a donut!!

• The brownie batter donut from DD is really good if you have one nearby :) I had (most of) one the other day ago.

I know how she feels too! 

• I went and got doughnuts this morning, I figure its my last chance to justify eating one cause when LO comes I will have lose all the weight.
  • Loading the player...
  • A huge plate of hot wings. And I mean HUGE AND HOT!! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
  • I have one donut a week! It's my treat on Thursday mornings to celebrate the almost end of the work week. I say go for it! One isn't going to hurt!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• If I could have a donut everyday I would be the happiest girl in the world!! That is my number one weakness I was heartbroken when OB said no donuts! But I'll admit to cheating and having a few...I'll blame it on SO he's always telling me I deserve it lol
  • imageapeschka:
    I went and got doughnuts this morning, I figure its my last chance to justify eating one cause when LO comes I will have lose all the weight.

LOL I justify eating things I shouldn't way to often by this same motto.

BabyFruit Ticker
    photo D0EE104210C440E48E28B53BA940865Bashx_zpsff62f0b1.gif photo A24F501B345347968B2BC922AD7C0613ashx_zpsf08f7401.gif
  • I'm not sure if its bc I was so healthy and conscious of what I was putting into my body/eating this entire pregnancy but this last week I have just wanted junk! Donuts, cupcakes and red soda!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015

• I'm impressed at the willpower some of you have. If I want a treat these days, I have it! Eat the donut!
  • imageIncogNeato:
    I'm impressed at the willpower some of you have. If I want a treat these days, I have it! Eat the donut!

I was thinking the same thing.... I ate 4 yes 4 ok and a half donuts yesterday!!!! And I loved everyone of them and no I don't feel guilty. Before this pregnancy I hardly ever ate sweet and will probably go back to that once our boy is here. I figure he is the one craving the sweets like his daddy and once he is out the sweets will be gone.
  • imageIncogNeato:
    I'm impressed at the willpower some of you have. If I want a treat these days, I have it! Eat the donut!

I was thinking the same thing.... I ate 4 yes 4 ok and a half donuts yesterday!!!! And I loved everyone of them and no I don't feel guilty. Before this pregnancy I hardly ever ate sweet and will probably go back to that once our boy is here. I figure he is the one craving the sweets like his daddy and once he is out the sweets will be gone.
  • That made me LOL!

For some reason this little guy LOVES bakery items.  I mean, I've always loved bakery items, but seriously, I cannot get enough cake, doughnuts, bread, pie, cookies, etc etc!  I walk through the bakery area in the grocery store and it's like I have ADD... I don't know where to look first!  I want ALL of it!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • Seriously!! What IS it about donuts?? I have honestly never liked them....too sweet and sticky for me. But I swear, once I hit the third tri, I've craved them like crazy!!  It all started with an innocent glazed munchkin from DD's and it's just grown from there (to a chocolate munchkin, to a sugar jelly munchkin, then a whole glazed donut and my latest: the maple frosted coffee roll!!  I don't even know who I am any more!!)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  image

• That story made me smile! haha

Girl, I have been craving donuts - specifically, donuts - since the 1st tri. I've gorged myself on all kinds of junk the past week and a half (because I'm a horrible person), but I have yet to allow myself a donut. WTF is wrong with me?! I'm gonna get some subpar donuts from the grocery store tonight. It's decided. ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • agreed.even before I got pregnant I figured if i dont give into a craving like that, not only will i be thinking about it non stop but i unconsciously try to satisfy that craving with other things that may not be as bad for me,but a whole lot MORE of them..and it just gets worse if i dont satisfy the craving..I've always had a decent metabolism and i figure i will work it off after baby..besides, its just like when you put unhealthy dressing like buttermilk ranch on a salad,atleast your still getting the veggies,right?I still eat healthy things too

other than donuts,my weakness is whoopie pies..specifically wicked whoopie brand..... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHappylove27:
    imagetopchef33:
    The brownie batter donut from DD is really good if you have one nearby : I had most of one the other day ago.I know how she feels too!nbsp;
    What is this brownie batter doughnut you speak of!!?? I've never seen it st DD! I need to try this ASAP

It's pretty new...look on DD's website or FB. The filling on the inside was really chocolately and delish...I actually had to squeeze a little bit out lol. I usually don't go for a filled donut but 'brownie batter' reeled me in! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"