August 2011 Moms

Let's talk about our kids!

Just for fun, let's all complete the following sentences (feel free to do it for all of your kids if you have more than one)

I love when my child does...

I feel especially proud when my child...

One thing my child does that cracks me up is...

I wish my child would stop...

My child's favourite non-toy is...

The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is...

My most favourite moment of the day with my child is... 

(feel free to add more if you want!) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Let's talk about our kids!

• I love when my child does... When she gives really long tight hugs. I feel especially proud when my child... Learns a new word. One thing my child does that cracks me up is... She blows raspberries on my neck. I wish my child would stop... Pinching her brother, she's so mean to him. My child's favourite non-toy is... 2 liter bottles of soda. Idk why. The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is... The snuggles. It only lasts for so long. My most favourite moment of the day with my child is...?Even though it's early, wake up time. When everything is okay she's always sporting a smile when I go in to get her with her crazy bed head.
  • I love when my child does...
    I love when DD2 talks (babbles) herself to sleep.
    I love when DD1

I feel especially proud of DD2 when I see her drink from a regular cup. Especially since she now flat out refuses to drink from a sippy cup at the dinner table.
    I feel especially proud of DD1 when she says "please" and "thank you" without being prompted, especially at meal time when she'll sometime exclaim "Thank you Maman & Papa for dinner. It's really good" (even if it's Kraft Mac n Cheese. lol)

One thing DD2 does that cracks me up is she uses anything and everything as a hat.
    One thing DD1 does that cracks me up is the way she makes up songs about the most random things

I wish DD2 would stop getting ear infections (not that she has any control over it, but still)
    I wish DD1 would stop picking her nose.

DD2's favourite non toy is socks. She loves socks. It's one of the very few words she does knopw. I have no idea what her deal is, but she can never have too many socks.
    DD1's favourite non-toy is whatever she gets her hands on. Last weekend, she spent about an hour playing with an old cheese string wrap.

The one thing I hope I never forget about DD2 as a baby/toddler is how excited she gets when she sees me in the morning or when I pick her up at DC.
    The one thing I hope I never forget about DD1 as a baby/toddler is how she used to mis-pronounce some words. It was so adorable.

My most favourite moment of the day with DD2 is when I put her to bed - She is all snuggly yet super happy.
    My most favourite moment of the day with DD1 is our morning snuggles

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I love when my child... randomly runs up and hugs me while playing. 

I feel especially proud when my child... points to random things and names them.

One thing my child does that cracks me up is... she is super excited she screams and runs and dives onto the couch. Cracks me up every time.

I wish my child would stop... telling me no.......

My child's favourite non-toy is... me cellphone and the tv remote.

The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is... how she used to look at me while nursing. Those moments I will treasure forever.

My most favourite moment of the day with my child is... morning wake up's. She is usually super excited to see me with arms out ready to give me a huge hug.

Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • imagekjuryfl:

The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is... how she used to look at me while nursing. Those moments I will treasure forever.

You are SO right about this. Thank you for reminding me. 

• imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    Just for fun, let's all complete the following sentences feel free to do it for all of your kids if you have more than onenbsp;I love when my child does...I feel especially proud when my child...One thing my child does that cracks me up is...I wish my child would stop...My child's favourite nontoy is...The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is...My most favourite moment of the day with my child is...nbsp;feel free to add more if you want!nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

Oh!! I love this!

Liam: sits and reads with me
    Jack: gives the best hugs

I feel especially proud of my child...
    Liam: starting to read, makes up songs
    Jack: is so smiley, talkative, and charming

One thing that my child does that cracks me up...
    Liam: oh, he's full of the funnies. Says funny things all the time and asks funny questions.
    Jack: dances

Liam: and listen to me!!!!
    Jack: hugging the mean cat!

My child's fave non toy...
    Liam: cat food cans
    Jack: potato masher and also cat food cans

One thing I hope to never forget...
    Liam: his cuddles
    Jack: his happy go lucky attitude and hugs

Fave moment of the day...
    Dinner time when we're sitting and talking or bath time when they're playing happily for up to an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• I love when my child ...hugs me me and pats me on the pack.  I pretend he is saying "good job mama."

I feel especially proud when my child...kisses his brother.  I hope they are the best of pals.

One thing my child does that cracks me up is...everything thing he does.  He is HI-larious.

I wish my child would stop...throwing tantrums.

My child's favourite non-toy is...a cardboard box or an empty water jug.

The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is...how funny he is and how happy it makes him to make us laugh.

My most favourite moment of the day with my child is...when he wakes up in the morning and is SO happy to see us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • I love when my child does... I love it when he hugs me.

I feel especially proud when my child... listens and obeys. I know that sounds bad, but I was rather proud when he followed me through Home Depot tonight carrying some of the stuff I was buying.

One thing my child does that cracks me up is... random chatter. It's hilarious, especially when some of the random babble sounds like actual phrases.

I wish my child would stop... with the eating strike. Seriously - I was so happy when he ate a piece of bread tonight.

My child's favourite non-toy is... a ballpoint pen, if he can get his hands on one.

The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is... how happy he is.

My most favourite moment of the day with my child is... bedtime since he actually likes to sit in my lap and let me sing to him now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love when my child gives me kisses!

I feel especially proud when my child...is taking a bath he goes more and more under the water like he is ready to swim underneath on his own :-)

One thing my child does that cracks me up is...he will push his belly out and pick at his outie. Its funny the eay he is standing and seeing his chin become two lol.

I wish my child would stop...pulling the dvd's and opening them and then proceeding to take the disc out.

My child's favourite non-toy is...DVD's

The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is...his smell. I just love his baby smell...can only imagine how stinky he will be when he is a teen!

My most favourite moment of the day with my child is... The early morning cuddles <3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I love when my child... sings! I've tried to get it on video but as soon as I pull the camera out she quits.

I feel especially proud when my child... says "Thank you". I know we're doing something right and everyone is amazed at her manners.

One thing my child does that cracks me up is...sits on the bed first thing in the morning and yells out the door to dh that she wants her cup.

I wish my child would stop... biting!

My child's favourite non-toy is... food. Seriously, she will find something and carry it around for hours. A couple days ago it was a cherry. She fell asleep holding it.

The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is... Oh this is sad : ( I will never forget her attitude. She is so sweet but mischievous at the same time.

My most favourite moment of the day with my child is... fresh out of a nap. We usually have about 30 minutes to snuggle and talk before she gets incredibly wild.

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

imagekjuryfl:

You are SO right about this. Thank you for reminding me. 

Smile   Definitely some of the most special memories I have of DD as a baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I love when my child...grabs me by the hand and leads me somewhere to show me something she is doing, or a toy she wants to play with, or a book she wants me to read.  So sweet!

One thing my child does that cracks me up is...She loves things to be organized and orderly.  She is currently lining up four pepsi cans and her sense of symmetry and order never ceases to amaze me!

I wish my child would stop...screaming every time I go to the bathroom.  It doesn't help that I have to pee about 15 times a day!

My child's favourite non-toy is...mail.  She loves mail.  Everything is a letter and she does the "we just got a letter" mail dance from Blues Clues.

The one thing I hope I never forget about my child as a baby/toddler is...how we'll be snuggling before bed and she'll wrap her arms around me and look up and say mama.  She is such a little sweetheart. 

My most favourite moment of the day with my child is... The time after dinner and before bed.  We go upstairs and have a bath, a little dance party, and then we read before bed with DH.  Then her and I snuggle together while she settles down to sleep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Just for fun, let's all complete the following sentences (feel free to do it for all of your kids if you have more than one)

Loves on me or her daddy by laying her head in our lap, saying "aw aw aw", patting our leg, and giving smooches! 

Does "mommy" things like taking care of her baby dolls, cooks in her little kitchen, or pushes her shopping cart around. 

She loves dancing to the intro to the original Beverly Hills 90210!  (Mommy is a HUGE fan of the re-runs!)

Getting into my make-up and stashing it around the house!  I had to go to work without mascara all week bc I can't find it! 

My child's favorite non-toy is...

See above!  She also likes to play in the tupperware cabinet in the kitchen. 

Her strength-she has overcome so much and it's hard to believe that she couldn't even nurse or take a bottle at first.  She is such an amazing little girl! 

My most favorite moment of the day with my child is... 

When she snuggles under a blanket with me while drinking her bedtime bottle. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love when my child does...

The spontaneous kisses, the ones without us asking for them. It's especially cute when she says goodbye to the dog and kisses his back.

Puts her toys away, uses a fork/spoon, and she really knows her stuff: body parts, animal noises, and she's starting to recognize shapes. She says "oh-wal" for oval, and "gurkle" for circle. 

The way she dances. She shakes her little hiney and does this running in place thing with her feet.

Hitting. I am SO over this phase.

It's a toss up between hats and books

How much she loves to learn.

Picking her up at the end of a work day. She smiles and yells, "Mommy!" and demands I pick her up for hugs and kisses.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"