September 2013 Moms

Tip My Hat to You

All of the second time moms with morning sickness, I'm majorly impressed by you at the moment. DD and I came down with awful colds this week, and I've been in survival mode (hence being MIA). Taking care of DD while feeling miserable was awful. I'm still sick, but on the other end of it.

Today while contemplating how much I'll be able to do again in a day or two, I realized there are moms on this board who are looking at weeks, not days, of parenting while feeling awful. I cannot imagine it. Thus, I just had to come on here and say kudos to you. You're amazing in my eyes!

Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.

Re: Tip My Hat to You

• Thanks. It has been miserable. 6 weeks of crap so far and about 4 more to go. My autistic 5 year old is driving me now and my almost 2 year old has been so whiny. DH has been working overtime, even 10hrs on Saturday required, and the place is such a mess! Is it April yet?? Ugh
    Mom of 5
    Boy 7-11-2007 (has Autism),
    Boy 2-26-2009 to 11-2-11 (had cancer at 4mo),
    Boy 3-28-2011 (has Autism)
    Girl 9-3-2013
    Baby due 2-22-2016
  • Thank you! DS and I both have cold on top of m/s so this week has NOT been a fun one. DH works all weekend and I have to go bridesmaid dress shopping tomorrow...I may not survive!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I give a lot of credit to my DH.  I am basically useless in the evenings due to m/s and he has really stepped up and taken over with DS, taking care of the house and feeding and walking the dog. He pretty much lets me go upstairs and lay down every evening, which is good because I think it scares DS a little to see me get so violently ill. I honestly don't know how i'd manage without him. Although I do miss my nightly bath, cuddle, and storytime with DS.

I'll be so glad when this damn m/s is gone! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Sorry. It is really warm at work and in our basement and gonna die. I feel like I am coming down with something too.

• Thank you!  It's been hard, especially when stomach flu hit DS and I last weekend. DH takes over a lot in the evenings when I just need to lay down on the couch because I feel so awful. I still make myself get up every other night and give DS a bath and put him to bed because I don't want him to be upset.  He's been super clingy lately and only wanting me which makes me feel guilty because I can't be "myself". However, the house is a complete disaster.  Here's to hoping this ms ends soon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"