June 2013 Moms

Nursing bras for well endowed women

A few of us were discussing how large our "ladies" are normally in chat last night.  That led to us sharing how concerned we are about how much bigger they will get when our milk comes in Indifferent Which then led to us whining about finding nursing bras that fit.  Somewhere (I have NO idea where) I read a recommendation for nursing bras for big breasted women and I promised I would share the link today, so here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011MWESW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0011MWESW&linkCode=as2&tag=lucslis-20

A disclaimer:  I am a FTM, so I have no experience with this bra.  I read about it during one of my many recent forays into pregnancy/baby research.  If any BTDT moms with large ladies would like to add some recommendations for tried and true nursing bras, that would be much appreciated as well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

Re: Nursing bras for well endowed women

• I've never tried on anything Anita that fit well but Melinda G is pretty amazing.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just be very careful with underwire.  I get clogged ducts when I wear underwire.
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was a 42E by the time I was 8 months pregnant with DD1.  I went to a Motherhood outlet store, and they had a small separate section in the back of the store for larger busted women.  They don't carry these larger sizes in the regular stores around here (I was just in one the other day and already didn't fit into anything in their store - ugh!), but the outlets seem to have a limited selection in larger sizes.

I didn't love the bras, they were ok, they did the job.  But I did like that I was able to try them on, I hate ordering bras online.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I wore nursing tanks for a long time (Glamour Mom were/are my favorite and I felt most supportive). 

Just a warning, I used to only wear underwire... but I could not stand wearing underwire when I was nursing.  It was so uncomfortable and often painful for some reason. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageMamaW82:
    Just be very careful with underwire.  I get clogged ducts when I wear underwire.

Right, I've heard this as well, which is distressing because I live in underwire pretty much all day every day.  BF friends and my MW have all told me to get soft cup nursing bras and tanks.

photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekriskell:

imageMamaW82:
    Just be very careful with underwire.  I get clogged ducts when I wear underwire.

Right, I've heard this as well, which is distressing because I live in underwire pretty much all day every day.  BF friends and my MW have all told me to get soft cup nursing bras and tanks.

I have heard this as well, so I am a little hesitant.  I will be looking into the other suggestions PPs have listed on here.  I have a hard time finding comfortable bras that fit normally, so I can only imagine how much fun this is going to be when the girls get even bigger.

M/C 7/8/12

• I am almost 19 weeks and am already a 30K; it is miserable and finding that size is almost impossible! And I'm really concerned for how much bigger they are going to get. But I have found an amazing selection through Linda's, the Bra Lady: https://www.lindasonline.com/nursing-bras.html

They have super cute maternity and nursing bras and they have a wide range of sizes and easy returns! They are expensive but I don't know anything different from having to always buy hard to find sizes. I've also purchased from Bare Necessities: https://www.barenecessities.com/Bras_catalog_nxs,31.htm

They don't have as large of a selection as Linda's with sizing, etc. but they have good deals and easy returns as well. 

• Nursing tanks is the way to go!  And they're also super easy for nursing in public (or with friends/relatives around) since you can pull up your top layer and still have your tank underneath to hid the stomach.  Only a small amount of skin is exposed and most of it is covered up by the baby's face.  :)  I lived on these and they didn't cause any pain like the underwires did.  Trust this advise, I learned the hard way! 
    photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesdpookie13:
    Nursing tanks is the way to go!  And they're also super easy for nursing in public (or with friends/relatives around) since you can pull up your top layer and still have your tank underneath to hid the stomach.  Only a small amount of skin is exposed and most of it is covered up by the baby's face.  :)  I lived on these and they didn't cause any pain like the underwires did.  Trust this advise, I learned the hard way! 

How big are your boobs? I couldn't find a nursing tank that would support my knockers well enough to go in public. Also, being a 32G the S-M-L sizes just don't work with a small band and big boobs. It is so frustrating!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBonnieK10:

My mouth literally dropped open when I saw my size listed!  And then I saw the underwire part and was a little more hesitant...  As a 32DD pre-pregnancy I'm very concerned about finding good support for the ladies while nursing since I struggle to find regular bras on a non-pregnant day!  My one consolation right now is that my rib cage has definitely been expanding so maybe it'll be easier to find bras. 

BTDT moms, how long did it take for your rib cage to go back to normal?  Did you factor in a larger rib cage when getting nursing bras or assume it would be your regular size when purchasing?

As far as band size, I bought my normal size, but had purchased extenders when I was pregnant and used those for a little bit. I don't recall how long it took, but I don't think it took very long.

• If you live near a Nordstroms, stop in and get measured. They also have a good selection of nursing bras you can try, underwire and ones without. I am busty (understatement), and I've found that Elomi brand bras work well for me. I was so happy to learn they also make nursing bras.

• imageGraceInCA:

If you live near a Nordstroms, stop in and get measured. They also have a good selection of nursing bras you can try, underwire and ones without. I am busty (understatement), and I've found that Elomi brand bras work well for me. I was so happy to learn they also make nursing bras.

I'm actually planning to go to a specialty bra shop that is right by my house.  Usually I will go, get measured, buy one bra there that I love and then go online when I get home and buy more of them for cheaper Embarrassed

I'm just not sure if they carry nursing bras.  It's on my list of things to investigate.

M/C 7/8/12

• imagekread8:
    imageGraceInCA:

If you live near a Nordstroms, stop in and get measured. They also have a good selection of nursing bras you can try, underwire and ones without. I am busty (understatement), and I've found that Elomi brand bras work well for me. I was so happy to learn they also make nursing bras.

I'm actually planning to go to a specialty bra shop that is right by my house.  Usually I will go, get measured, buy one bra there that I love and then go online when I get home and buy more of them for cheaper Embarrassed

I'm just not sure if they carry nursing bras.  It's on my list of things to investigate.

Yeah, that's a good plan. We have a Nordstroms Rack near us, so after I had found which bras worked for me at Nordstroms, instead of shelling out the $60-$90 for them each time, I scored that brand at the Rack for $7-$15 each. I think I've only paid full price a couple of times because I really liked the style, otherwise my bras were bought cheaply.

• imageGraceInCA:
    imagekread8:
    imageGraceInCA:

Yeah, that's a good plan. We have a Nordstroms Rack near us, so after I had found which bras worked for me at Nordstroms, instead of shelling out the $60-$90 for them each time, I scored that brand at the Rack for $7-$15 each. I think I've only paid full price a couple of times because I really liked the style, otherwise my bras were bought cheaply.

Nordstrom is what taught me that a good fitting bra is the best thing that can happen to your wardrobe! I too stop by bra section in The Rack when I'm there in case I find a steal.

• Does Nordstrom have a good selection of nursing bra sizes? I have never been able to buy bras there because they don't carry a large enough cup size with a small band size. I too am afraid nursing tanks would not be near supportive enough and I'm afraid a non-wire bra is not going to have enough support. Crossing my fingers though!
  • imagekwub:
    Does Nordstrom have a good selection of nursing bra sizes? I have never been able to buy bras there because they don't carry a large enough cup size with a small band size. I too am afraid nursing tanks would not be near supportive enough and I'm afraid a non-wire bra is not going to have enough support. Crossing my fingers though!

The last time I was in one, they had pretty high cup sizes - even G and H, and a good variety of band sizes. They have bras like this in a 30J (small band, large cup):

https://shop.nordstrom.com/S/freya-rosie-soft-cup-nursing-bra/3331767?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=FUCHSIA&resultback=0&pprd=0

• Good to know and that one is super cute!
  • Damn. I'm still too big. I was a 44H pre-pregnancy. *sigh*
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wore playtex underwire nursing bras and loved them. I am normally a 36DDD. I forget what size they got up to when my milk came in, but it was larger than DDD.

I also used the nursing tanks from Target that I bought before my milk came in. They fit fine because they are so stretchy but they don't provide much support.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"