March 2013 Moms

The Belly Bandit

Is anyone considering getting this after the baby is born? STM's- Have any of you used one? If so, does it work?

I have been hearing so many great reviews on it but I'm kind of skeptical about buying one. TIA!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: The Belly Bandit

• There have been a few other posts about the Belly Bandit, this who responded seemed to give it rave reviews. After googling "belly bandit before and after" and checking out their website I was sold. I ordered mine yesterday. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I heard good things, so I bought one second hand. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Used one last time and loved it. Totally worth the money.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have heard great things. I was going to wait another 1-2 weeks and order from Amazon. They have a good return policy and I should be closer to my due date by then. I also heard its not good for C-sections so I also want to make sure I will be able to return if I don't use it.
  • I used one after DS 1 and I found that it did help tighten things up and shrink them down.  You do have to make sure you wear it religiously and it is not super comfy but if you can dedicate yourself to it great.  The only real problem I had is they are kind of expensive and you may have to purchase say a medium and a small if you want to continue to wear it for a while.
  • imagetilsonc:
    I have heard great things. I was going to wait another 12 weeks and order from Amazon. They have a good return policy and I should be closer to my due date by then. I also heard its not good for Csections so I also want to make sure I will be able to return if I don't use it.

I had a c section used it. It sits above the incision didn't bother it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • my belly actually is not all that big for 8 months preggo.....do they have a booty bandit to help shrink back down my but, thighs and hips! I am carrying this LO in my butt!
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies! I will definitely be ordering one ;

• imagelovinglifeasmommy:
    my belly actually is not all that big for 8 months preggo.....do they have a booty bandit to help shrink back down my but, thighs and hips! I am carrying this LO in my butt!

Haha I think there is a hip shrinking band but I don't think it's made by Belly Bandit.

• I am ordering one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to ask my OB her thoughts on the Shrinkx Hips- it's a belt that wraps around your hips and applies pressure to bring them back together while the relaxin is still surging in your body. The company claims that  is can actually bring your hips back smaller than they were before- my hips never *quite* got back to pre-baby #1, but I lost all the weight and was in better shape. I am fine with working out/eating right to get my body back, I've done it before- but if the hip band thing can actually help adjust the width of my hips, I'm all in. 

I have heard some people say that the Belly Bandit is a great short term fix, but not for the long term primarily because the band does all the work and your core doesn't have to, so while it may reduce the size of your belly by appearance standards your body isn't forced to do any real work and you don't tighten the muscles back like you should. I haven't used it, just posting a con I read from some past users. 

• I am just going to plan on using the belly band for a while that I used in the beginning of this pregnancy.  It will hold things in and flatten you out and its free because I already have one.  I dotn see myself wearing the belly bandit as religiously as you need to.lol. 
    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus TickerIAmPregnant Ticker
  • I just bought the BB Bamboo! I am so excited!

• I bought the BFF Belly Bandit at Buy Buy Baby.  It retailed at $79.99 but I got it for $65ish with my 20% off coupon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My grandma has already instructed me on "wrapping" or wearing a gridle like the belly bandit after birth. She said in her day thats what women did for support & to help their appearance while they recovered. She's 85 & from a line of southern midwives. I'm getting a postpartum wrap for sure.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"