Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Remedy for Dry Hands??

Between bottle washing and washing my hands so much. ( I work at a university- germs-)  My hands are so dry. Lotion tends to sting it. I use some cortisone cream sometimes but I was wondering if there where any other remedy's out there.

Thanks in advance!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Remedy for Dry Hands??

• Have you tried wearing gloves while you wash bottles and dishes?  I had a similar problem last month and I have eczema on top of it, my hands were red and peeling and dry.  I wore gloves for a few days whenever I washed bottles or did dishes and then made sure to also use a lot of lotion (Eucerin is a good brand for very dry skin) and it cleared up nicely. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A woman i know swears by taking a teaspoon of olive oil every morning and every night but the olive oil has to be kept in a dark bottle to keep the sunlight from getting in. I myself use burts bees almond hand cream. Its very thick and soaks in and does not wash off easily so your not constantly reapplying. Gold bond lotion is also really good..however it does sting a little bit if your hands are cracked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Vaseline (the lubricant, not the lotion).
  • Like PP suggested, putting on some thick cream or Vaseline before bedtime and wearing socks on your hands really helps. The heat from wearing the socks seems to help it sink in, plus it keeps the moisturizer off of the sheets, remote, etc. I can't sleep with them on, so I just wear them for a few hours but it still helps. Last time I tried some of DS's CJ's Butter in a tube and it did wonders! I think it has a lot of coconut oil in it.

• Mary Kay has a set called satin hands its 34 for the whole set and it has the softener, scrub lotion! I swear by it! I've had it for a few months and it's just over half empty!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My hands were so bad they were bleeding.  This saved them almost over night.

https://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/body-products/hand-care-products/almond-hand-nail-butter.aspx

Sorry not sure how to make a link

Kyson Image and video hosting by TinyPic Jacoby Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageIdahomama:

My hands were so bad they were bleeding.  This saved them almost over night.

https://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/body-products/hand-care-products/almond-hand-nail-butter.aspx

Sorry not sure how to make a link

its the almond hand and nail butter from the body shop. 

Kyson Image and video hosting by TinyPic Jacoby Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagewedsept:
    Vaseline the lubricant, not the lotion.

This. Nothing better.
  • Thanks everyone! I will get gloves, I feel clueless for that not even popping into my mind! And many lotions to try!

Thanks again for the advice!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Blend together 3/4 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup finely ground oatmeal (to flour like consistency) and 1 tablespoon olive oil over low heat (just enough to melt coconut oil). Let it stand for 24 hours to harden but whip intermittenly. It will be the best body butter you ever use! I just found this on pinterest a few weeks ago and I will use nothing else now! I love it plus I know what's in it so I feel OK even putting it on baby.  
  • imagemimi_90:
    Mary Kay has a set called satin hands its 34 for the whole set and it has the softener, scrub lotion! I swear by it! I've had it for a few months and it's just over half empty!

This! I keep take it everywhere, this stuff is amazing for dry/cracked hands!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"