April 2013 Moms
Options

loss of appetite & weight?

I will be 32 weeks on tuesday, and have gained 25 lbs so far.  However, for the last month or so, I have lost my appetite, and have to force myself to eat.  I weighed myself about a week ago and didn't gain or loose anything in about a month.  I weighed myself today, and I lost 2 lbs in 1 week!  I have a checkup and ultrasound on tuesday, but wanted to know if anyone is experiencing this too?

Re: loss of appetite & weight?

• Options
    my OB said loss of appetite can be common (I went through it back in Dec) - weight loss at this stage I'm not sure about but if your eating habits changed it makes sense. I wouldn't worry but definitely talk to your dr. when you're in next week.
    BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • Options

I have lost weight throughout my pregnancy - I am actually about 30 lbs down from my PPW. Baby is developing fine - all measurements are right on target - so your weight is not the end all indicator people make it out to be

BUT you are supposed to gain the bulk of your weight in the second trimester and it is common to start losing small amounts of weight in the third trimester. Loss of appetite is common as the baby is taking up more room, leaving less room for your stomach - making you feel full. 

I'm sure your doctor has a threshold of how much is OK to lose in a week at this point and will let you know if there is any cause for concern - but I'm sure everything is FINE!

Good luck! 

Daughter E 08/31/2005
    Little Sister on the Way 04/23/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for making me feel better :)
  • Options
    Im 30 weeks and am dealing with LOA. Yesterday I was so hungry like belly growling and all that jazz. I made a huge** dinner and when we sat down to eat I had 2 bites of green beans and seriously was done. I just got this feeling like I wasnt hungry but I knew that I just was. Doesnt make any sense and forgot to mention it to my doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"