Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Bad diarrhea,anyone had this-TMI

Warning:TMI

My LO has a really bad diarrhea,bright yellow with mucus or cottage cheesy like substance.It's very liquid.She just cut 2 molars and the 2 are on the way.First I thought it was the teething that caused her poops to be more liquid but then it became yellow and explosive,just horrible.

We saw the pedi, and she said, that it's a virus.We also have food allergies, so I always get nervous about symptoms like this may not be a simple virus.

Has anyone's LO had yellow diarrhea before...how long did it take to go away?We're on pedialyte and Culturelle and she's mostly consuming liquids.Thanks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bad diarrhea,anyone had this-TMI

• Same as PP, ours took 2 weeks! Our pedi just told us to watch for dehydration and if there are changes in LO's demeanour, like if he becomes lethargic, etc. Basically We just had to let it run its course. Hope your LO feels better soon!
  • We had it.  It took a little over a week for the explosive poops to stop and another week for his poop to return to normal color.  We also had several days of the pukes to start it all out.  It was awesome.  Just keep her hydrated.  Also, keep greasing her up at EVERY change.  She needs a barrier between her skin and the poop or you're going to be dealing with a very bad rash very soon.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here. 10 days. Try the pediasure milkshakes with fiber. That seemed to help DS at least a little.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DD has it as well...pretty sure it's Rotavirus...she had vomiting for about a day, and now horrible diarrhea. I'm going thru clothes like it's my job...luckily she's drinking but her appetite sucks.  Just feel so bad for her....that least one was literally dripping thru of her pants....crazy.  (sorry for the tmi)  Ours is nice and green.....just keep washing your hands too, and it's very contagious so keep away from other kids!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • I would give pedisure but not with fiber...she doesn't need to move her bowels more!
  • imagepattilynn206:
    My DD has it as well...pretty sure it's Rotavirus...she had vomiting for about a day, and now horrible diarrhea. I'm going thru clothes like it's my job...luckily she's drinking but her appetite sucks.  Just feel so bad for her....that least one was literally dripping thru of her pants....crazy.  (sorry for the tmi)  Ours is nice and green.....just keep washing your hands too, and it's very contagious so keep away from other kids!

I'm in the same boat, dripping and all...found LO in her own mess 3 times, I was traumatized to the point, that I could not sleep at night (worrying that it'd happen again). We don't even go to daycare, I wonder where she picked it up.

The pedi mentioned something about it could be Rotavirus or some other.

Pediasure is not an option for us, we have severe milk allergy. But Pedialyte is going down nicely... 

• Every time i've gotten her from her crib she's gone thru another outfit...it's so sad. She has a really poor appetite...but drinking a bunch thank goodness.  Today is was about 5 diapers in 2 hours....just crazy.  We had this last year when she was an infant and it lasted for a month!!!!

She doesn't go to daycare either, but does go to a gym nursery when i can get her there...stinks. 

• How do you prevent the leaking overnight?Anyone had any luck?

I tried 2 diapers.Did not work.Urgh. 

• The probiotic L casei is supposed to help infectious diarrhea. Its found in Dannon Danactive drinkable yogurt, Yobaby yogurt and most Stoneyfield brands of yogurt :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"