1st Trimester

If you've had a miscarriage...

(and I'd like to add I'm super sorry if you have!)

...I'm wondering how long it took you to get pregnant again...

Question is for my sister. Thanks

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

Re: If you've had a miscarriage...

• I was told to wait at least 4 months to TTC after mine but we chose to wait longer because we weren't ready. The second month we decided to start TTC again we got our BFP.

ETA: I was 12 weeks and didn't have a D&C. I am so sorry for your sister's loss. 

Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • It took us 6mos. We started trying right after but honestly, we should have waited at least a month. I wasn't over the loss and my husband didn't know what to do. I pushed it to hard and it only stressed us out more. 

I would suggest always taking a month off after a loss. It's really hard mentally and your body is so out of whack anyways that you might as well.

Just my opinion. 

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Loading the player...
  • I got pregnant again right away with no period in between. Now I would like to say that mine was a very early miscarriage and while that doesn't mean it was easier mentally, it was easy on my body. I didn't need a D&C and my hormones went back to normal right away. DH and I weren't trying, weren't preventing and we were blessed that it just happened.

• 5 cycles after the first one, immediately after my second one (no period between)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • My doctor asked us to wait 3 months after my DnC to start trying.  We got pregnant again after two cycles.  It took us almost a year prior to that.
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I miscarried in late November after a missed miscarriage. My doctor told me to wait 6 weeks from the beginning of the miscarriage. I had my first cycle during that time. We got pregnant the next cycle, much to our surprise!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was told to wait at least one cycle. I didn't. I found out I was pregnant exactly 1 month later. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. But there are lots of success stories of women who got pregnant right after and had a successful pregnancy. Mine just wasn't one of those. My husband and I started trying again last month, and I found out last week that I am pregnant again :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's very normal to want to get pregnant again right away after a loss. It's important that she listen to her dr and follow his/her instructions. There are many reasons,not only physically, but emotionally why it's good to give yourself time to heal. I was told to wait one cycle to TTC, however I had complications from the D&C and had to wait about 5 months. Once we were able to try, it took about 5 cycles to get pregnant again. Good luck to your sister.
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• 2 months of actively trying.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1 cycle for me!
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• So sorry for her loss.  We lost our baby in August.  It was a missed miscarriage.  I was 13 weeks along but we think the baby's heart stopped at around 8 weeks.  We got pregnant with this baby at the end of November.  Grow baby grow!
    IAmPregnant TickerBabyFruit TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • I had a m/c at 6 weeks in July. We were told no sex for 2 weeks after bleeding stopped. We didn't start trying until September but October life got in the way. Got pregnant in December!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I miscarried naturally at the end of September. I found out I was pregnant again the day before Thanksgiving.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • Was told to wait at least 2 full cycles to make sure everything was back on track. We kind of started trying on month 3. And within 3 months I was pregnant again. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In 2011 I had an abdominal ectopic. At the time my doctor told me to wait 2-3 months after surgery to start trying to ensure I was healed. Due to many changes in our lives (selling our house) and just the emotional toll of going through the ectopic, we waited a year to start. In November I had a chemical pg and was told we could start trying immediately. I have heard from others it's usually at least 1 cycle after an early miscarriage, if not encouraged to wait 2 cycles. But I'm sure every situation is different depending on how far along they were, if a d&c was needed, etc.
  • In 2011 I had an abdominal ectopic. At the time my doctor told me to wait 2-3 months after surgery to start trying to ensure I was healed. Due to many changes in our lives (selling our house) and just the emotional toll of going through the ectopic, we waited a year to start. In November I had a chemical pg and was told we could start trying immediately. I have heard from others it's usually at least 1 cycle after an early miscarriage, if not encouraged to wait 2 cycles. But I'm sure every situation is different depending on how far along they were, if a d&c was needed, etc.
  • It took us 9 months to get pregnant again.

• It took us about five and a half months. I didn't ovulate at all until then.

I'm sorry for your sister's loss. She's welcome to come post on TTCAL and PgAL if she's interested.

• imageMissyCee:
    I got pregnant again right away with no period in between. Now I would like to say that mine was a very early miscarriage and while that doesn't mean it was easier mentally, it was easy on my body. I didn't need a D&C and my hormones went back to normal right away. 

I got pregnant the cycle after my first c/p (cycle 2), but that wound up being another c/p (cycle 3).  This is cycle 6.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We were pretty lucky.  We had an early loss at 5 weeks, we didn't wait and tried right away.  First month, no go.  Then the second month, we actually couldn't try because of travel.  That break was the biggest gift, and helped me relax, recenter, and take back my brain. 

I never realized what an immense relief it would be to have time where I could remove the pregnancy question from my mind.  Scarily, even though I knew I couldn't be KU, that second month I still had twinges and symptoms that I analyzed out of habit!  It was nuts.  Obviously I really needed that break. 

Then we conceived the next cycle.  So it was the 3rd month after our loss, but the 2nd month trying.

I'm sorry for your sister's loss.  I hope she takes the time she needs to heal.  One thing that helped me was that everyone experiences grief differently, and however you feel is right for you.  

imageimageimage
  • I had a very early miscarriage at the beginning of July and got pregnant again 5 months later.
    DS 3/11 * CP 6/12 * BFP 12/10/12, EDD 8/20/13
    Pic3
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had a D&C for a missed miscarriage on October 30th. My doctor told us to wait one cycle and I got pregnant right after that first cycle.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

BFP #1- 9/16/2012 MMC- 10/24/2012 (8.5 weeks, baby measured 6 weeks 1 day with no heartbeat) D&C-10/30/2012 BFP #2- 12/23/2012 Due 9/5/2013 Please be our rainbow baby!
  • Miscarried Dec 6th naturally. Was 9 weeks although baby looked about 7 weeks. Bleed for a week and started trying right away. Took a home test on Jan 13th and it was negative, took another on Jan 22nd and it was positive. Didn't have a period after miscarriage.
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"