November 2012 Moms

LNCI

Anyone...? Anyone...?
Photobucket
"For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
-1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: LNCI

• It's 2:40 and we're up for our MOTN feeding. M has been up every 1 to 2 hours though. Hopefully he'll sleep longer this time. He used to not notice when his paci fell out and sleep through it. Now he wakes up and we have to replace it. I knew it was a bad habit, but we desperately needed the sleep and it helped for a while!

I have been up with M like 5 or 6 times. This time I was hoping DH would wake up on his own and change M. DH just leans over and says, "love you." I said,"thanks. Does this mean I'm getting up with him again?" I got up and then DH gets up after I already started changing M. He felt bad but I told him just to forget it since I was already up. I'm so used to it now it doesn't bother me, but I do wish for a break every once in a while.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
  • I'm here!

Just changed and fed the lil' guy and now pumping. I'm hoping that he will sleep for a few hours. I've been trying to make sure I get good burps before I put him down again or else I'll just see him kicking up his legs and kinda restless. 

He's been gassy lately and its hard cause the guy HATES to burp! If anyone has any tricks please let me know--but he's been hard to burp since he was born (even the NICU nurses said so)! 

I usually do low pats followed by circle rubs and that does it. Is it bad that I can tell when my husband burps cause he's restless? Oh well enough blabber--I'm going to try and go back to bed!

Night ladies!

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm here, it's just after midnight. I was starting to get ready for bed and then K woke up a bit early for her MOTN feeding, guess I'll brush my teeth in the morning instead. I really hope I didn't miss my window for sleep tonight!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh jLeigh, I hope your night gets better! I'm sure M's sleeping antics are a sign of future greatness. Hang in there.

2:50 here. Just got done feeding H. I am starting to adjust to this whole crib thing, so thankfully I don't think I'll be sleeping on the floor in the nursery again. It's funny how I'm way more worked up about the crib transition than H is.

image   My chart 

• 3:50 here. Baby H has been up
    Every 2 hours. He went down 2 hours earlier and I was hoping he'd be able to still have a 4 1/2 he stretch, but no dice.
    He's also been having a hard time nursing in the glider lately because he pushes his legs against the arms and then can't get his mouth in the right position. I've been working during his final 3hr stretch which takes place on the swing but I'm going to have to sleep during it today.
  • Me unfortunately! I thought V was finally learning to sleep through the night.

He went down earlier than normal tonight---around 9:30. Slept till around 1:00 when he was just fussing. Did the paci thing and he slept till around 3. Then DH got up with him----nice right? He's away all week working so he thought he'd "help" tonight----so when he went in didn't like that LO was swaddled one arm in and on his side----so he loosened his swaddle (and arm came out!) and laid him on his back. Know what happened??? LO is up and fussing for last hour. Thanks DH. 

He said it freaked him out that he was on his side and LO didn't like swaddle . Really??? He slept from 10:00-4:00 like that all week while you were away and didn't budge. AND---he can't roll over when he has receiving blankets rolled and blocking him.

GRRRRRR......I am grateful he tried to help but now I'll be up for the rest of the night with a fussing LO----and just so you know----DH is snoring next to me.

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh beautiful 4 am how I am coming to see you as an old friend. CJ had his bath at 9 and fought sleep until midnight. I am so glad at least that he slept 4 hours (we did not get any 4 hour stretches last night and today we are traveling 4 hours to nj so I need some sleep).

So here is my dilemma I go back to work on the 11th and I have mega fear about a decrease in supply (I EBF). I am contemplating setting an alarm for 4 am to dream feed and pump a little extra in order to maintain supply. I'd be looking at a schedule like 4 am bf, 7am bf, 830 pump, 1230 pump, 3 pump, 4 bf, and bf on demand till bed hopefully round 10 ish. Is the waking for the 4 am feeding overkill? Should I jut let things happen naturally and only force the 4am if I notice a dip (at the moment cj usualy still wakes once a night, i'm thinking more i in terms of when he is sttn) What would you do?

• Thanks Gargita! M is a good baby so I can't complain too much!

Mittens, sorry to hear your LO is sick. It's awful to see them all congested. I cried when M had his cold because he was miserable. I don't know if you have one, but a humidifier worked really well for us. Our pedi also recommended having him sleep upright in his swing or carseat which helped a lot too.

Speaking of 4:00 am... I was at old navy today and they had a super cute onesie that said "4:00 am.Sleep is Overrated". I almost got it. I might end up going back to get it because it was pretty cute!
    Photobucket
  • It's 4 am, and A is up for the first time to eat. She was restless around midnight so I had to kick DH into the spare room so I could bring her into bed with me. I think it's a mix of her having a bit of a cold and her getting her immunizations yesterday.. We both got some sleep once she came into my bed so I'm happy.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So tired CJ is back to only sleeping 2 hours at a time tonight. Noooo I don't know what happened. At least I have a dvrd project runway to entertain me this morning. What I'd people do before dvr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"