May 2013 Moms

Now my vadge has a comb over

Well, I just tried doing a little pruning in my lady garden. It had a been a while and that bush was out of control! I had to do it mostly by feel and missed a huge patch on the side. Oops! I'll have to take a hand mirror and my glasses in the shower next time. 

Is anyone else still grooming or have you given it up? I wish I could afford to get waxed! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
image image image

Re: Now my vadge has a comb over

• I'm trying sugaring next week, for the first time. I heard it hurts just a little bit less because it doesn't pull as much skin.
  • DH was nice enough to do it for me a couple weeks ago so I'm definitely in need of maintenance again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I refuse to give up. I just go at it blindly. DH offered to help, but I'm way to scared to let him. I managed to shave all the way to the end with my first without cutting myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My legs are going okay so far but my stomach is now getting in the way of seeing what I'm doing down there. I can still see a good bit if I suck in my stomach what little I can and try to push it out of the way somewhat at the same time lol I give it another 2 to 3 weeks tops before I'll be going in completely blind.
  • Still getting brazilians and will get at least one more before delivery!
  • I feel the same way! I get so tired from holding my stomach to reach it almost doesn't seem worth it but then again I don't want to look like a jungle in labor!
  • I would not give up!!  For me, too much hair made for VERY messy and difficult post-birth clean-up.  (Sparing the details, but there's a LOT of bleeding/clotting...)  So much so that I finally had to beg the nurse to let me go shave.  It's much scarier to do it when you're trying to avoid tender areas and stitches!!!!
  • Way too much TMI to follow... lol

I was just going to 'let it go' since it seemed like such a chore to take care of... but then we started perineal massage and things got uncomfy fast.  The extra hair has actually started to tangle a bit from the oil and since I'm usually well-maintained the 'new me' has felt itchy, dirty, and annoyed for far too long.

First, I took trimming scissors to the area... I was in the bathroom for a good half hour.  DH knocked and asked if I was okay.  When I explained what I was doing, he said, "But you can't see it!  It's going to look like Edward Scissorhands cut it!"   He was totally right.  Remember that lady's hair, short in some places and long in others?  Yeah.

Then, I tried to shave.  Lets just say the hot water ran out in the shower before I made any genuine progress.  I'm hoping I can squeeze in a bath this weekend to finally finish the job.  I am determined to reclaim my vaj-j!!

I'm not brave enough for waxing... especially since the real problem is more in the, um, 'sensitive' portion. lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am also determined to keep it well maintained. I asked my pregnant friend and my other mommy friends and they said they gave up. I read an article saying that doctors won't care so if it feels like "too much work" we should stop alltogether. I usually try to get in a shave every other day in the shower so it won't get too crazy. Lol. But it also takes me about 30 minutes and I just have to feel around because I can't even see my toes much less my vag. Lol

• I gave up. I might work up the courage to get a professional wax shortly before labor, because like a PP said I'm worried about a messy recovery.
  • I am planning to keep it up as best I can.  My DH would help, but now I have lovely varicose veins in the area and I think it would be super easy to nick given the swelling and whatnot (sexy, right?).  I agree that post delivery, it is so much easier if it is well groomed so I am going to do the very best I can and hope for the best!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I gave up on trying to trim and I shaved the whole damn thing off, now it's smooth as a baby's tooshy!  I hate to think of how it's going to feel when it starts to grow back in, but at least for now, it looks nice down there, LOL.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • Making like a Brazilian. It's just way to hard to shave or trim. I'll take the pain of a wax over a labia bleed from a razor or scissors any day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's funny you spelled it vadge. 

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• I am uncomfortable enough, I will not be waxing or sugaring until all this is over. I will trim as needed but honestly when necessary is becoming less and less. I guess it's just not a big deal for me right now. My husband couldn't care less either way.

EDIT I kept things perfect with my first son but I let them go completely with my second. Doctors honestly didn't care either way. I figured this time I figure it out as it ocmes.

• I have a pretty strong glasses prescription, and don't wear them in the shower, so I always do it sort of blind.... So far I have just stuck with my 'pattern' of how I do it to get it all lol
  • imageJLGrove:
    I think it's funny you spelled it vadge. 

I was thinking the same thing...ha 

• TMI warning

I don't give up either, although I do it less often. The thing is that after delivery with sometimes 6 weeks of bleeding, things can get really messy if you don't do something shortly before birth. Just a thought.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • imageSydney0130:

imageJLGrove:

Hee. It's just like it sounds. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • I recruited DH to help me maintain starting last week. It felt like a huge hit to my pride, but really, I guess it's no big deal. He was super heavy handed with the trimmer though, ouch!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageApril!:
    imageSydney0130:

imageJLGrove:

Hee. It's just like it sounds. :) 

You must be saying it wrong then.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• imageSydney0130:
    Making like a Brazilian. It's just way to hard to shave or trim. I'll take the pain of a wax over a labia bleed from a razor or scissors any day.

Yes 

My spa is relaxing, too, so I look at it as a bonus hour to myself.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • I trimmed mine until the end with Ds. It wasn't neat or pretty, but it did help with the mess after birth.

My stomach seems more outward this pregnancy, which is making shaving anything really hard, but, I'm determined to just keep it trimmed enough to not be a total mess!

• The title of this really made me laugh. I am considering a Brazilian. I have never had one but trying to shave is just ridiculous and i really don't enjoy feeling like a man. My SO offered to do it for me, but honestly that terrifies me. lol

I read that you shouldn't get a Brazilian for the first time ever during pregnancy because severe pain can cause a lot of stress for the baby, but i have a pretty high pain tolerance. Anyone else heard this?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know what you mean! I've always shaved and trimmed myself because I am too chicken to get a waxing, but lately the vajayjay is out of control! At this point I think I need to enlist DH's help, because I just can't get to it all anymore.
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • This--> https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES246AC-Bikini-Shaper-Trimmer/dp/B00005JS5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359775045&sr=8-1&keywords=Bikini+trimmer

Seriously. You won't regret it.  I set it to the second to lowest setting and go until I no longer see hairs falling. Then, I go to the lowest setting and tackle the invasives that have spread to my legs. Wtf is up with having that much hair?

• imagejennyandjasonsbaby:
    I gave up on trying to trim and I shaved the whole damn thing off, now it's smooth as a baby's tooshy!  I hate to think of how it's going to feel when it starts to grow back in, but at least for now, it looks nice down there, LOL.

This. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"