Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bathing w/ baby

My hubby is very much against me bringing baby girl in the tub with me. I think it would be a nice bonding experience but he thinks she is too young (15 weeks).

Any mommies out there do this yet?? 

Re: Bathing w/ baby

• I do this too and I agree it us great bonding. We are in swim classes and the instructor recommends bathing with baby. I also love nursing in the tub.
  • I told my husband I wanted to do this and he is against it too! I don't get why?? (He thinks its gross or something?) I know I used to bathe with my mom. My little guy is 14 weeks and I really don't see why it would be a problem...
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My husband does this every Sunday morning with our son.  I think it's adorable and a really nice way for them to bond.  
    Anniversary 
  • This is the only way I wash the baby. He is 4 months but I've done it this way at least since he was 1 month. I feel like its safer than having him up high in the sink or in a baby tub. He absolutely loves it. I do wash myself first in the shower or have my own bath before getting in the tub with him because I don't want him in dirty water from me, if that makes sense. I put his bouncer seat right up against the tub with a towel in it, get in and sit down, then pick him up over the side. And vice versa for getting out of the tub. So I'm never standing up in slippery water with him. When he was tiny and less active I would lay back and let him snuggle on me but now we play and splash. I think it's wonderful.
  • Oddly enough, I've never heard of this. I think it would be cool, but my son urinates everything he gets a bath, sometimes twice so I would have to be prepared for that.
  • I bath with DD almost every time. I go in first and then DH gets her undressed and passes her in to me. Then when we are done he comes and gets her and I get myself out. We love it. This way I can fill the tub more and she gets to go swimming instead of just laying there in a couple inches of water being bored lol.

I also think PP comment about leaving the bouncy chair right beside is a great idea! Whenever DH isn't home I just don't go in with her, but might try this idea!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageslfloyd10:
    This is the only way I wash the baby. He is 4 months but I've done it this way at least since he was 1 month. I feel like its safer than having him up high in the sink or in a baby tub. He absolutely loves it. I put his bouncer seat right up against the tub with a towel in it, get in and sit down, then pick him up over the side. And vice versa for getting out of the tub. So I'm never standing up in slippery water with him. When he was tiny and less active I would lay back and let him snuggle on me but now we play and splash. I think it's wonderful.

Exactly this. I used his baby tub about twice and have bathed with him ever since. So much more fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, bathing with my son is the only way we bathe him.  My SO only uses the baby bathtub when I'm not home, because he personally doesn't feel comfortable bathing with him.  We'll continue to do it this way until he can sit up on his own in the tub.  And even then we'll probably still do it for funsies every now and then.
  • imageLoveMyA:
    I bath with DD almost every time. I go in first and then DH gets her undressed and passes her in to me. Then when we are done he comes and gets her and I get myself out. We love it. This way I can fill the tub more and she gets to go swimming instead of just laying there in a couple inches of water being bored lol. I also think PP comment about leaving the bouncy chair right beside is a great idea! Whenever DH isn't home I just don't go in with her, but might try this idea!

Same here. DS has gone in the bath or shower with us since he was 3 weeks old. It's quick and easy, and he hated the sink tubs.
  • imageIncognitoSuperhero:
    imageLoveMyA:
    I bath with DD almost every time. I go in first and then DH gets her undressed and passes her in to me. Then when we are done he comes and gets her and I get myself out. We love it. This way I can fill the tub more and she gets to go swimming instead of just laying there in a couple inches of water being bored lol. I also think PP comment about leaving the bouncy chair right beside is a great idea! Whenever DH isn't home I just don't go in with her, but might try this idea!
    Same here. DS has gone in the bath or shower with us since he was 3 weeks old. It's quick and easy, and he hated the sink tubs.

I've heard of people taking their LO in the shower with them....how do you hold onto the slippery little thing and still wash them?  I haven't tried yet because I just can't see how I won't drop him!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been doing this since she's 4 months old and it's not only a bonding experience but she feels more secure in the tub and she has a noticeably better time splashing around instead of feeling she is going to slip. Be careful about the water temp and make sure she/ he doesn't get a chill after.
  • DD has never bathed alone.  That being said, we usually just put her in her tub while we shower.  Taking a bath is a rare treat but i take her with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"