February 2012 Moms

Cake vs. Cupcakes?

I need to get going with a cake order for K's first birthday. We have about 20 adults and 10 kids (ages 3-6 mostly) coming. I have the finger foods figured out, but was not sure about cake. Are cupcakes best for kids? Will cake work just as well? Or I could do both- cupcakes for kids and LO and a smaller K for adults. What's worked for you mama's who are done with parties already?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cake vs. Cupcakes?

• We are doing cupcakes and cookies for many reasons 1.) they were cheaper  2.) I don't have to worry about cutting the cake 3.) if there are any leftover its easier to get people to take one home or if I take them home I won't have a massive cake box with a 1/3 of a cake in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    3month11
  • We did both. I had cupcakes for the kiddos and then a cake for the adults.  Then eventually, some of the kids came back for cake Smile.

I would say in the long run though that cupcakes are easier and less hassle for you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Cupcakes

I didn't want to buy special cake plates and extra utencils.   And I didn't want to have to cut cake.  I want to enjoy this party as much as I can!

• I am doing cupcakes because they are easy and I'm making them myself.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ah... looks like there is 100% board agreement. :-)

Cupcakes it will be!

• Cupcakes for us because I found cute ones on pinterest that go with our Dr. Suess theme.

• imagehayliedc:
    We are doing cupcakes and cookies for many reasons 1. they were cheaper nbsp;2. I don't have to worry about cutting the cake 3. if there are any leftover its easier to get people to take one home or if I take them home I won't have a massive cake box with a 1/3 of a cake in it.nbsp;

This, especially number 3. I don't want to keep extra cupcakes because I would be forced to eat them!
  • Our party is Saturday. I ordered a 1/4 sheet cake and 36 cupcakes. I plan on setting out a cake knife and letting people cut their own.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just did cupcakes since those are easier. We didn't have the party at our house and just made more sense.  The only reason we would do a cake is if I have in mind a very cute idea for the cake. 
  • Little behind here but I would do cupcakes and then if you have any kids with allergies you can make egg or dairy free for them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"