Breastfeeding

Breast pad help

FTM here...I'm using reusable breast pads. I've been putting lanolin on my nipples, I think it's making the pads be less absorbent. Is there something else I should use?

Re: Breast pad help

• This just my experience but reusable breast pads never worked for me.  I STILL leak through them and DD is 12 months old!  They were worthless and I had to use the big disposable ones. 
  • I use Bamboobie pads, and I haven't had any problems using them with lanolin.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I really like the medella disposables!! And I've been leaking like crazy since my milk came in. I also use lanolin almost everyday and haven't had a problem!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 04/27/12 ~ Amelia Elizabeth born @ 41w0d on 01/08/13
    BFP #2: 08/28/15 ~ MC 9/21/15 I'll always hold you in my heart little one
    BFP#3: 12/09/15 ~ MC 12/18/15 <3 mommies second angel
    BFP#4: 03/28/16 ~ Beta #1 10dpo: 22, Beta #2 12dpo: 102, Beta #3 14dpo:  276.  US a 27dpo: GS sac and precious baby measuring 5w5d. US at 6w3d: HB @ 108 bpm.   EDD: 12/09/16   GROW BABY GROW! Mommy & Daddy & Big Sister love YOU so much! <3
  • I use BRU organic reusable a and lanolin and don't have an issue, but I am not a very big leaker, so maybe that's why.

photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone. Going to try the dish soap trick maybe look into some more absorbent ones.
  • It could be an absorbency issue. I only used lanolin for the first week, but it didn't cause an issue with my breast pads. I have bamboo applecheeks ones, and while that's enough for an odd leak between feedings, I need to put both on the opposite side while feeding because of my strong letdown. I cut some from a hemp diaper doubler and its been fine one layer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. Going to try the dish soap trick maybe look into some more absorbent ones.
  • I'm another fan of the Bamboobies - I tried 3 other types of reusuable breast pads before finding Bamboobies, and I had leaking issues with all of the other types.  Since getting Bamboobies, I've had no issues - plus, I love how thin they are!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"