March 2013 Moms
Options

anyone exhausted?

I am not really sleeping because I am so uncomfortable but I am sitting at my desk right now just trying to keep my eyes open.

Anyone have any tips for getting a good nights sleep? I miss the nights of being able to take tylenol PM if I was wide awake at 2am. 

Thank goodness is almost Friday! 

Re: anyone exhausted?

• Options
    You can still take a Tylenol PM.  I take that or Benadryl if I've gone a couple nights without sleeping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Um yes, my boss commented several times on Monday about how slow I was moving! It was just impossible to get going that afternoon.

My doctor also said a benadryl or even a glass of red wine. I have not gone enough days without sleeping to try it but if I get tired enough, I will have to.

Hope sleep comes to you soon.. or at least tonight! Wink

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelindseybell3:
    You can still take a Tylenol PM.  I take that or Benadryl if I've gone a couple nights without sleeping.

Same here.  I've found it helps me to go back to sleep (after getting up to potty) moreso than to go to sleep. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yes!!!! Sleep does not come easy these day!!

I take a benadryl if I have gone a couple days!!!

Hope you get some sleep soon!

• Options
    I forgot all about benadryl!! talk about pregnancy brain! I will keep that on hand. Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    I have been sleeping ok and STILL exahusted. I have been taking naps when I get home from work. And eating out has been so bad for me.. I dont have the energy to cook

• Options
    Unisom or Benadryl will help!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    I was having the same problem and my doctor told me it was ok to take Tylenol PM. I sleep pretty good now. :)
  • Options

The Unisom did not help me much.  It sounds goofy but it really works, warm milk with a shot of either vanilla or pumpkin flavor.  I still get up but not as much.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have had no problems sleeping during the night and am still exhausted...I think it's just part of the deal as we enter the homestretch...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagewright129:
    I have been sleeping ok and STILL exahusted. I have been taking naps when I get home from work. And eating out has been so bad for me.. I dont have the energy to cook

Me too.  I have even curled up and napped on my office floor at lunch time I am so tired.  I don't know how I can make it 6 more weeks, especially working full time. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The past few days have been killer. I have found myself just falling asleep on the couch. Im constantly setting an alarm clock just in case I fall asleep and didnt mean to.. The other night i put the kids to bed and about 8:30 i passed out on the couch dead to the world and my littlest one came down and was standing infront of me I thought I slept all night and felt like someone drugged me meanwhile it was only a half hour.. what a horrible feeling :-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagewright129:
    I have even curled up and napped on my office floor at lunch time I am so tired.  I don't know how I can make it 6 more weeks, especially working full time. 

LOL, I wish I could nap on my office floor, but the carpet is 20 years old!  I also second the thought on making it 6 (or more!) weeks.  Today I had to put out two work fires (one involving re-printing an entire book by Friday evening) while on a national conference call and then deal with my mom checking in all at the same time.  Miraculously, everything is fine right now, but I am so exhausted I want to drop.  And when it comes time to sleep, who knows if I'll actually drift off or not!

But when it comes to the OP question: Tylenol PM is wonderful!  My Dr. wholeheartedly recommends it, especially since I am still working full time and need rest.

Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup! I was actually going to post the same thing today. I just can't seem to get enough sleep! I've always been a night owl and I continue to be one. However, since I've been on rest, I'm able to sleep in a little later and have naps during the day. I think that is throwing me off though. I end up staying up later at night...nap during the day...and am just thoroughly exhausted. I haven't been sleeping through the night either so that doesn't help. :S Kudos to all of you women who are still working because I just don't know how I could be working full-time right now (aside from the SPD pain I have).
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options

My iron was low on my last round of bloodwork, so I started taking iron pills. For the post part it helps and I noticed how much more energy I have.  Some nights I sleep really terrible and feel it the next day.  I went to bed a bit earlier last night and feel so much better today.  I still work 2 jobs and as a favour I picked up a shift for my manager to help out, so I was a bit more drained than normal at the beginning of the week. 

• Options
    I was sleeping decently until I got a cold that kept me up at night. I'm feeling better but still don't feel caught up on sleep. After work, I usually let DS watch TV so I can nap on the couch, something I haven't done since first tri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"