April 2013 Moms

Body like clockwork...

I'll read the weekly updates like "You're in the 2nd trimester now, things you'll probably start to experience is swelling, excess mucous, back pain...etc."

Then it's like the next day, boom. I have all of it.

I just hit the 3rd trimester and it was like the second I was in it... I'm getting up to pee twice a night now and I have to pee like at least every hour or so... I have terrible heartburn in the mornings and I can't lay on my back anymore without being elevated... my back pain got worse and now my hips are hurting from sleeping on my sides...

I guess the 2nd you're out of the honeymoon trimester, you're really out.. it's like clockwork.

Is anyone else experiencing it like that too?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Body like clockwork...

• yup... and it doesn't get better Sad
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yes!! It was like over night with my third trimester!  I thought it would take until later in the third trimester but nope!  My hips are the worst!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like my body got it backwards...second tri was awful.  No lovely glow, no burst of energy, I was sick, sick, sick.  However, I seem to have hit my stride now entering the 3rd.  Not sure how long it will last but I've got energy and feel strong and healthy again.  We'll see how long it lasts :P

• I never had the honeymoon stage..  i've just felt like kaka the entire time...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Lol this is so me, my heartburn is kicking my a** & this hip pain is riDONKulous.  Only a few more weeks though!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Guess I'm not the only one then... I never really had the honeymoon part of the 2nd tri, but it was defintely better than my 1st tri.... I didn't have that hot pregnancy sex that everyone was talking about... and now I'm on pelvic rest.. so there goes that!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have to admit most of my 2nd tri was pretty great. Im just barely in 3rd tri, but my hips and my back definitely hurt. I was hoping for a few more good weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES! YES! and YES! I was fine up until last week and then *bam* it hit all at once.

I have trouble sleeping even with my snoogle- I have to change sides once every 1-2 hours to keep my hips & shoulders from hurting, and at the same time rolling over is a JOKE... I have to roll over facing the bed and pretty much get up on my hands and knees to do so. If I try to roll over facing up it HURTS my abs. I really think I pulled a muscle in my abs while sleeping. I hate sleeping on my side, always been a stomach (ouch) or back (can't breathe) sleeper. I was slouching on the couch last night watching the baby roll around in my stomach and after maybe a minute I realized I was having trouble breathing- same thing happened in the bath tub, I pretty much have to stay sitting straight up.

Friday I had to buy a bottle of tums to keep in my car because the heart burn started up, ironically it's only when I eat out or eat a really big meal so at least I know how to prevent it.

And...the back pain is back big time Sad I finished physical therapy in early Dec for sciatica and I was out of the clear pretty much until now-maybe 6 weeks of relief at best.

Even with all of these discomforts though I feel so blessed to be where I am now. I know so many peopel that are having trouble conceiving or having a really difficult pregnancy. I try to keep my complaining to a minimum and remind myself how blessed I really am to be carrying this healthy baby.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not really, because I have had heartburn and RLP the whole time, and didn't really get that burst of energy I was PROMISED in the second tri.

WHERE IS MY BURST OF ENERGY????

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • For every trimester change/symptom change etc, I've always got it on the Friday before.  My week changeover day is Monday, but my symptoms change on Fridays!  My 1st tri nausea ended on the Friday before 10 weeks.

I started 3rd tri on Monday, but sure enough, last Friday I was a weepy, exhausted mess.  I almost took a mental health day because I was such a wreck. 

I'm choosing to interpret this to mean baby is coming a few days early. Wink

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • I had been waiting for the swelling to hit...... OH goodness. I took off my boots for my dr appt today... and I literally had HUGE indentions in my legs around my ankles from the socks. Like I had cut off all the circulation for weeks on end!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have been up to pee through the night since early on :( 2-4 times... Hoping it doesn't get worse!
  • Pee 2x a night..what I would give I'm up like 6x
  • It happened earlier for me, like 26 week. Bam MAJOR heartburn and peeing every hour at least  and many aches and pains!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yep!  I say it's all the things I hated about the first tri plus more, and feeling huge all in one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"