August 2013 Moms
Options

Stretch marks already!?!?

Is anyone else noticing stretch marks already?! I didn't think this would happen until 3rd tri! I'm on the thin side so not sure if this is why I'm getting SM already but yikes! I'm nervous for how I'll look at the end! But to be honest, I'll take a whole belly full of stretch marks in order to have our little angel!

Re: Stretch marks already!?!?

• Options

I have never heard of stretch marks in the first tri.

ETA: Unless you are gaining much more weight than you should.

• Options
    I have never heard of this either. 
    imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't got any stretch marks yet. But, I have been itchy. I was told not to scratch no matter how much it itches because it will cause stretch marks. I have been using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil. I apply it right after I dry off after a shower while my skin is still damp. It seems to take the itchiness away. It was only $8 and a little goes a long way.
  • Options
    Stretch marks are from low elasticity in your skin, and well, stretching. Is your skin stretching already?
    image image

• Options
    I got them super early. I am 13 weeks but got them a few weeks ago on my lower stomach. I haven't gained a pound yet!
  • Options
    All I can say is keep up with a good moisturizer - better yet am oil or butter. Use it it daily if not twice a day. I start showing SMs as soon as my weight fluctuates a couple of pounds. I gained 13 lbs my last pg and still had SMs, unfortunately if you are prone to them there isn't much you can do. I find the good moisturizer lessens their appearance expecially once your skin bounces back.
    Married - July 2010, DD - April 2011, #2 EDD August 10, 2013
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I know I'm not drinking enough water...trying but it's hard to! I have Vitamin E oil a belly butter but I've only been using a few days a week. I've gained about 3 lbs so far which I didn't think was too bad....or is it? The SM are on both side of my belly button....hoping it doesn't get much worse this early on.
  • Options
    I know I get stretch marks pretty easily (although none yet), so I would assume it's just the way your skin is
  • Options
    Scratching doesn't cause stretch marks. The oils will help with the itching, but whether you get them or not is genetic. No lotion is going to keep them away. Sorry to be Debbie Downer.
  • Options
    Me too! I drink 2 bottles of water a day and cream my sides every night as well as I am down 3lbs since conception so there goes those peoples advice out the window. I got some on my sides at about the 8 weeks mark and since my boobs have grown a cup already there's some there too. I am NOT looking forward to being a big red zebra near the end of this : I guess it's just the way our skin is. Luckily we get the baby as a prize at the end haha :
  • Options

Definitely drink more water!  And I used straight Vitamin E oil on my skin after showers last time.  I don't know if it helped specifically with stretch marks, but I know it helped with the itching and the elasticity of my skin which at least made me more comfortable.

Good luck!

image    image   image   image
    DS #1 arrived 10/09/2011
    DS #2 arrived 08/27/2013
    Loving every minute with two sweet boys!

• Options

imageNiksMama:
    Scratching doesn't cause stretch marks. The oils will help with the itching, but whether you get them or not is genetic. No lotion is going to keep them away. Sorry to be Debbie Downer.

Yup. I was going to write this exact post. 

• Options
    I know it is inevitable that I'll get stretch marks (my sister certainly did and we have very similar bodies). I am using Burt's Bees Momma Bee Cream every morning after I shower. I also try to use Balmers at night but I often am so tired that I forget to put it on. Or remember, and I am just too lazy to put it on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"