Special Needs

Depression and preschoolers

I am sure I am over reacting and reading in to something that isn't a big deal but I am a bit worried about DS.

He was diagnosed with Disruptive behavior disorder-Nos this fall and they told me with that diagnoses he has a high chance of becoming depressed or to have anxiety issues.

This past week he has not been himself at home. He has been lethargic, sad, sleeping a lot and just not his normal sensory seeking self. I don't know if it is the bad weather getting to him, we have had days on end of snow and haven't been able to play outside in months.

I personally get terrible winter blues, but this is very abnormal behavior for him. There are moments he is himself and his teachers at school haven't noticed anything.

Nothing in his diet or sleep habits (what sleep habits!) have changed.

At what point should I worry and give his doctor a call or am I over thinking things?

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Depression and preschoolers

• Thank you, that is what I needed to hear.

Maybe he is just coming down with a cold. I hate not knowing what is going on!

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• This time a year I vote for virus.  Every child I know is sick, getting sick, or getting better from being sick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"