3rd Trimester

First meal post baby will be...?

I'm sure people have asked this before, but I'm watching Top Chef and NOW I WANT SUSHI!

With DD#1 I had GD so I was craving a big bowl of pasta since I was carb-deprived for the last few months.  This time, no GD (HOORAY!) so there isn't a huge craving for entire categories of food (sugar, carbs!)  but MAN that sushi looks good.

I'm doubting the hospital will have sushi on the menu for me, so would it be wrong if I sent my dad out to bring some post-delivery? :)

What's your post-baby meal gonna be? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: First meal post baby will be...?

• You could eat sushi now. Really not a big deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't stopped eating anything since becoming pregnant (except drinking alcohol) so my first meal will be pretty much everything the hospital has to offer. I delivered at the same hospital with my daughter and I was STARVING after delivery and the food was SO good! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You can have California roll
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• When DD was born my SILs got Chinese and brought it back to the hospital for me. It wasn't really inconvenient either because the hospital where I delivered is in a pretty metro area. I will probably have the same thing this time. Lol
  • Hmmm, dunno. I am loving breakfast food at the moment, so over-easy eggs and toast sounds good right now.

ETA: If they can do this at the hospital...I think they have a big breakfast menu though.

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I gave into my sushi craving last week. I stuck w/ seared eel (my fav) but did indulge in some truly raw stuff, too. I figure this late in the game can't hurt anything. 

And I'm thinking about having my in-laws stop to pick some up on their way in to visit us at the hospital. 

• A huge sub from Jimmy Johns.
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagepitch77:

I gave into my sushi craving last week.  

This.  I couldn't stand it a minute longer. It was soooo....good. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Shrimp Pa Nang Curry 4* spice with steamed rice and some spring rolls. Aaaahhhhh I am salivating just thinking about it. It's my absolute favorite dish/food. My bf or mom will probably go get us all Thai after the babe is born unless it's like 1 in the morning. Then Taco Bell.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • There's nothing that I couldn't have now that I just really want.  With DS, I wanted my favorite Japanese fried rice (just because that's my favorite food) but it was actually my third meal.  I delivered late at night and after a day of not eating, I was starving so the nurses brought me some peanut butter and crackers while I was still in the L&D room, then I had the hospital breakfast.. then I got my meal!

What I wasn't prepared for, was that my appetite was really screwed up for a few days.  I guess it was everything settling back in place, but I would take a bite or two and feel completely stuffed.  

• GD momma here - I  requested DH bring me chocolate cake and fresh baked Jewel dounuts right after delivery as a snack. Dinner will be a big fat cheese burger, onion rings and a glass of wine. Mmmmm! Can't wait!
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My dream meal would be strawberries, brie and brut rose cava. I haven"t bought it yet, but if I can, I'll buy the cava next week and send DH out for the rest after the birth.

I made a bunch of soups so I have that for after. I also plan on placentophagy in the form of a raw smoothie.

We'll see what happens, tho.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD it was some nasty chicken finger and fries from the hospital cafeteria and it was the best thing I had ever eaten.  I was so hungry after not eating for so long and working so hard that I would have probably eaten anything at that point.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • A nice big medium rare steak!!!! I can't wait!!!
  • imageheddy79:
    A huge sub from Jimmy Johns.

Ooooooh, this may be me too. I've been avoiding my favorite from there because it has about 1,000 calories, but I think I deserve it after labor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Whatever the hospital gives me, I was starving after I delivered DS mostly because I went a day and a half without food (thanks to a long delivery).

As far as sushi goes... I guess those fancy high end, celebs only go to hospitals might have sushi, but for the rest of us, doubt it. I remember my dinner was lots of fruits and vegetables, you know they're trying to keep you healthy Wink didn't help that my DH was next to me eating Jack N the box

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagedrpayne:
    You could eat sushi now. Really not a big deal.

This

My first post baby meal will be a nice bottle of wine if that counts as s meal?
  • I am going to eat 10,000 bowls of cereal, starting with cinnamon toast crunch. I've already packed it in my hospital bag! (I haven't been able to eat it due to diabetes).
  • imagelovinglifeasmommy:
    GD momma here - I  requested DH bring me chocolate cake and fresh baked Jewel dounuts right after delivery as a snack. Dinner will be a big fat cheese burger, onion rings and a glass of wine. Mmmmm! Can't wait!

I did something like this after the birth of my daughter. I was so shocked at how I felt about the food, so update us when you have this meal!

I am dying to have feta. And as much soft, goopy cheese as I can eat!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Eh, it's not worth it to risk it IMO for the sushi.  I want it, but I'm not losin' my sh*t over it like I was craving sweets/carbs when I had GD.  It's more of a "ooh that will be so good when I can have it!"

I just wish I knew why the Japanese docs okay it--is it their fish is fresher or something?  Or just culturally it's so expected/accepted that of *course* you can eat it while pregnant.

And can i go to Japan to finish off this pregnancy?

And what's Jimmy John's?

On the bright side, the food at our hospital was okay.  Not four star gourmet but for mass-produced food, quite tasty.  The downside was, with DD I delivered late enough in the day that I missed dinner.  I got brought a dry turkey sandwich.  It sucked.  This time I will either get my food on time or send someone out for REAL food from a local restaurant (there are plenty around and I totes should have done it last time.) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Subway or Quiznos!
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • I have cut out so much stuff during this pregnancy (lunch meat, anything with nitrates, anything with caffeine, alcohol, etc).  I want a roast beef sandwich, lots of chocolate, prosciutto, and gorgonzola cheese.  I don't know how well it'll all go together, but I want these things so much.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a sub sandwich.  MMMMMMMM...
  • imageMisses-C:
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a sub sandwich.  MMMMMMMM...

Same, I've been drilling into DH head that I want a large ham sub, with mayo, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and extra pickles! So far all he remembers is that I want a sandwich.

And when I get home I want a cabinet stocked with good beer and wine for when I need a glass! I'm usually a wine person, but for some reason I've been craving a beer.

Maybe I'll do some grocery shopping for these items next week when I stop working! That way it's all ready for me. =)

• I'm having the same meals as I did with my 1st c-section.   A chocolate shake from Steak N Shake because I'm not allowed "food" right after the section and the hospital shakes are nasty LOL  MIL will bring me my fave sub from Jimmy Johns and my Mom will bring me my fave sub from Subway once I can eat.  Then I will order from the hospital kitchen for DH because even though their shakes are gross their food is good.  I'm not leaving him out of the subs he just doesn't like them.  The subs and the shake account for 3 meals and the other meals will come from the hospital and DH and I will split them.
  • imageJen6862:

Same, I've been drilling into DH head that I want a large ham sub, with mayo, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and extra pickles! So far all he remembers is that I want a sandwich.

And when I get home I want a cabinet stocked with good beer and wine for when I need a glass! I'm usually a wine person, but for some reason I've been craving a beer.

Maybe I'll do some grocery shopping for these items next week when I stop working! That way it's all ready for me. =)

This post made me laugh so hard!

I just imagine you dreaming about this perfect sandwich with the perfect ingredients and you think about it and talk about it all the time (knowing that you need the father of your child to bring you this magical delicacy after you've labored for hours and you're so so hungry) and then you turn to your husband and ask, "Do you remember what I want to eat after I have our baby?"

And he's like, "Um...a sandwich?"

ROTFL!

I also laughed at the rest. It is all so true!!!

• I'll probably just eat the hospital food immediately after (as I did with DD because I was ravenous) and then I'll probably have DH or a family member go out and get something I'm craving from one of the million restaurants near the hospital. I'm not sure what yet but I'm currently leaning towards sushi and chicken/shrimp hibachi with friend rice. YUM.

p.s. I haven't stopped eating sushi during this pregnancy. I just try to stick to the non-raw stuff but I'll still have a spicy tuna roll every now and then from the same restaurant I've been going to for years. Now, I want sushi. Maybe for dinner :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whatever the hell I want because I just brought a human into the world. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageheddy79:
    A huge sub from Jimmy Johns.

THIS!!! And a bottle (or glass) of Vueve! Smile

• Last time I asked for pb&j and tater tots. I'm hoping to ask for something with a little more class this time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm with you -- sushi and champagne. The raw stuff.  I have had some cooked rolls while pregnant, but not the raw stuff, which is what I really like.  My doctor is very liberal abou the food rules, but that was the one she wanted me to stick to.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • A sub club from subway with 3 lbs of Italian dressing or WV hot dogs! Ok gosh! Now I'm hungry!
  • I want to have a turkey sub from Jimmy John's complete with a Mt. Dew.  I cannot wait!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"