February 2013 Moms

Gotta love people's little comments

I posted on my Facebook today that I was full term at 37 weeks and this baby is getting issued its eviction notice today! Someone responded back with, "Could be another 4 weeks and still be "normal". Just saying..." 

Geez, thanks for the encouragement! Not getting my hopes up this baby is coming anytime in the next 3 weeks, but a girl can hope she won't go over her due date, right?!?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gotta love people's little comments

• Well idk why ppl want there babies out so fast. I'm 38 weeks and just fine waiting. It's scientifically proven that the longer baby is in the womb the better for brain development and such. The baby comes out when they are ready. Just my opinion. : its ok to joke though...
  • lol while she's right I get your frustration.  I didn't mean to but I think I kind of upset a girl at work today.  She's a FTM due Feb 2nd and she's been pretty much sure she's going to go any moment for over a week. Don't get me wrong...totally possible...but also not necessarily true.  When she told me today she has her weekly OB appt and is going to have them strip her membranes and that's going to put her into labor I mentioned that I had mine stripped 3 times with my first pregnancy and didn't go into labor until the third time (I was also already 4cm at that appt.) and also that FTM's, on average, go about a week overdue.  Think I upset her :( I didn't mean to though! False hope just makes you anxious!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Personally I would rather keep my expectations low (that I'll be late) and then be pleasantly surprised if I go early than fixate on my due date as the final countdown. That said, when my husband heard me whine about my back hurting and he said "Just think! You could have another TWO WHOLE WEEKS OF THIS" I wanted to kill him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • I know this baby will come out when he/she is ready. I just like the comments from people like, "Yay! You're almost there!" or "Keep up the good work!" It makes me feel much better, like I can make it! Trust me in frightens me knowing that I could possibly have 4+ more weeks of feeling like I'm having nails driven through my hips all night long plus all the other fun parts of being late in pregnancy. I'm so excited to hold our baby and trust me I don't want him or her to get here before he or she is ready.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • good thing she cleared that up for you, because i'm sure you had NO idea pregnancy can last 40+ weeks!

I like yarn: Learner's Per-knit

Preggo blog: There's No D#$% Stork
  • I feel your pain.  I am due next week and the thought of it possibly being 3 more weeks makes me cry.   People should just say nice and supportive things to you!  I hope you deliver right on your due date! 
  • imageangelajo19:
    I know this baby will come out when he/she is ready. I just like the comments from people like, "Yay! You're almost there!" or "Keep up the good work!" It makes me feel much better, like I can make it! Trust me in frightens me knowing that I could possibly have 4+ more weeks of feeling like I'm having nails driven through my hips all night long plus all the other fun parts of being late in pregnancy. I'm so excited to hold our baby and trust me I don't want him or her to get here before he or she is ready.

Honestly, we just want encouragement at this point, not facts we already know! People are so annoying. 

Jen
    Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
    BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I totally understand where you are coming from! It is miserable being pregnant, especially when you have complications! I want my baby to be born the SECOND he is safe to be born. By the way, my first was born at 39 weeks and my second at 37 weeks. Both were totally healthy and are now very intelligent children. I'm pretty sure they didn't need to stay in any longer! Gestational time is between 37 and 42 weeks. People drive me nuts thinking you "have" to go to 40 weeks for your baby to be "done." All babies and pregnancies are different. 40 weeks is just an average date and my previous doctor told me WAY too many people are concerned with that date and it is actually a really out dated way of thinking! Some women are ovens and take a little longer and some are microwaves and bake faster! So feel no shame in wishing you were done already!
  • imagemediaperuana:
    good thing she cleared that up for you, because i'm sure you had NO idea pregnancy can last 40+ weeks!

HAH!  So true.  There is no harm in hoping baby comes soon.  It's not like you're calling your doctor for an elective C-section.

• imageCocoR04:

imagemediaperuana:
    good thing she cleared that up for you, because i'm sure you had NO idea pregnancy can last 40+ weeks!

HAH!  So true.  There is no harm in hoping baby comes soon.  It's not like you're calling your doctor for an elective C-section.

Exactly this!!! I'm so freaking ready to be done.  I'm 37 wks tomorrow so I'm relieved to know that baby is technically "full term."

Part of me really hopes LO comes next week just to be vindictive-- my parents decided it would be a great idea to take a vacation to Florida two weeks before my due date, after I had already started to have problems with this pregnancy indicating I would likely have baby early.  DH and I decided that if the baby comes while they are away, we aren't going to tell them until the get back.  Maybe it's mean, but they've only known about my due date since last AUGUST, and they volunteered to watch DD#1 when I went to the hospital.  They're leaving us in a bind and bailing out on my daughter once again.

I know it's petty, and I can't expect them to plan their lives around my pregnancy, but they asked to watch DD#1 and we really have no other options.  What would it have hurt to plan their vacation in March, after my due date?

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• In our lamaze class the other day the nurse told us the measurements of ultrasounds are not 100% and they can actually measure up to two weeks ahead or 2 weeks behind,thats why people encourage going to the 40 weeks because the baby could actually be at 38 weeks give or take or 42 give or take. Also that they have had babies born at 34 and 35 weeks and they have been completely healthy. Don't take ignorance personally, I am there with ya, and as hard as my LO kicks and scratches and pushes, I'm pretty sure she's getting pretty strong in there and I'm ready to be done this part of the adventure(Although she obviously isnt). Bring on Parenthood, I'm as ready as I'll ever be!besides,when you give an eviction notice,people usually have a couple weeks to get out right? ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"