May 2013 Moms

Amazon Mom?!

Do you use it or plan to? Just curious if it's worth signing up for. Basically I'm looking for a reason to love it and be worth $79/year. *I do not own a Kindle.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Amazon Mom?!

• If you are going to use disposable diapers it can be really good.  With the subscribe & save discount I think that was the cheapest place you could get Pampers.

I would say go for it but we pay the 79 a year to have the prime normally.  I love amazon and free 2 day shipping is amazing! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have it and definitely think its worth it.  Even for little things you might need then you get it pretty much the next day.  You can also get movies and shows to stream.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I also have Amazon Prime and use it frequently for shopping, video streaming, and books on our iPad.  We recently started to buy household products too, because they're cheaper and it is so awesome to skip a trip to the store!

We signed up for Amazon Mom and will definitely be using it as soon as LO arrives.  The $ is worth it for us because it saves on gas and we don't mind paying for the convenience of quick shipping, especially since we use it so often.

You could always do a trial and see if its worth it for you?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have Prime and I think it's totally worth it. Most of the time we can find cheaper prices online than in stores, so we order a ton from Amazon.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • When I first signed up for Amazon Mom they gave a free trail to Prime.  We order so much from there that it's worth it to us now to pay for the Prime membership.  We still get wipes from there, and until we were potty training, we were getting diapers and pull-ups there, cheapest I've found anywhere else.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I signed up for the free trial of Amazon Mom and it has already saved me more than $79. I am in LOVE with Amazon and will be continuing my membership after the free trial. On top of all the baby gear i ordered at a discount, I was able to find the ASIC running shoes I wear for $15 cheaper than Nordstrom (and no sales tax, which is 9% here!). I plan on ordering our disposable diapers through their subscribe and save program, it is definitely worth the $79/year for us. 

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • It's worth it.  The deals on diapers are amazing if you look around.  I got Luvs (size 4) for about 14 cents a diaper (after subscribing & using a coupon) and it looks like some newborns are around 10 cents a diaper. FWIW Pampers and Huggies normally run 25-30 cents a piece and most store brands are about 17 cents a piece.

I actually signed up to get the 20 percent off the City Mini Twin and some lap pads, but by the time I was active the ones for the promo were gone. I still got some great deals though.  I get a lot of items (toys) off of Amazon anyways, so it's worth it. They are local here so I still have to pay taxes though. :( 

On the stroller & other big items I did start a registry so I can get the discount.  They will do it 30 days BEFORE your due date. Their prices tend to be better than most stores. You may also want to look on walmart.com for big items as well-since they have higher end items than they carry in store for less.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • imagepcat13:
    imageMommaG123:
    If you are going to use disposable diapers it can be really good. nbsp;With the subscribe amp; save discount I think that was the cheapest place you could get Pampers.I would say go for it but we pay the 79 a month to have the prime normally. nbsp;I love amazon and free 2 day shipping is amazing!nbsp;
    I think Prime is 79 per year, not per month. Just to clarify for anyone thinking about it. DH and I love prime and the free shipping makes it pay for itself.

LOL umm yes. 79 a month would be ridiculous. Sorry about the typo.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Okay, so I am little confused about this.  You sign up for the 90 day Amazon Mom's trial, get the free shipping and diaper discount, etc.  However, when that 90 days is up, you have to sign up for Amazon Prime ($79 a year) and you can still save 20% on diapers and wipes, if you use the subscribe and save, but you have to pay shipping, correct?  This is what it states on the website:

20% off diapers and wipes subscriptions with Amazon Mom and Subscribe & Save FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items (not available on Subscribe & Save orders)

We were thinking about getting a BJ's membership for diapers, etc, but I wonder if Amazon Prime is a better option.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"