February 2012 Moms

will go to anyone

Anyone else's LO's willing to go to anyone?  DS will go to anyone...and I mean anyone!  Could be a complete stranger.  I am a SAHM, so he is with me all day. However, when we are out or at family members (even family members he hasnt seen too much) he is completely fine with going with them.  Even if i am out of sight.  I know my mom said I was the complete opposite & although I am happy he is confident, I am a little sad that he is doesnt do this for me!  Which probably sounds weird I know.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: will go to anyone

• Don't be sad. I would live for Allison to be less mommy centered. It is exhausting! Although I understand how it could be sad I would say enjoy that you have a social little girl!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I completely understand because I'm a SAHM and DS is the same. Every once in a while if he is really tired he will only want me, but other than that he has no problem with other people. At Thanksgiving he crawled up to my cousin who he never met before and ate off of her plate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Emily will go to almost anyone, she will walk/crawl up to any man and reach for them to pick her up. She wont cry when ladies pick her up but she keeps her eye on me or dad, if we walk by she will reach for us, but she doesnt cry.

She is very calm and mellow so even when she is uncomfortable she doesnt cry, just the expressions on her face say it all.

• DS is in between.

DD was scary.  She was always like this, then at 2 would ask strangers at the park or in stores "Can I go home with you" and "Take me with you, what's in your pantry?".

At 5 I still think she would go with pretty much anyone, depsite many conversations to the contrary.  She is just that optimistic and trusting, it's like it's hard wired.

• Lauren reaches for strangers to hold her! I'm still clearly her favorite but she's never met someone she doesn't want to be friends with.
  • I'm jealous. L won't go to anyone except DH or me without a full blown meltdown. He only started doing it in the last month, before he was fine. He has no problem crawling up to strangers, sitting and talking to them, or being around them. It's only if someone holds him. Hoping it's a phase.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"