Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Stranger anxiety

Anyone else ' s LO not have stranger anxiety?  He is 8 months and in daycare. He gets quiet when other people hold him but never cries.  Is that weird?

Re: Stranger anxiety

• Options
    All babies have different possibilities! Maybe your LO won't be as anxious as other babies! That would be wonderful!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No, but it is weird that you keep asking if your kids normal behavior is weird.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry that you think my worrying about my babies "normal behavior" is strange.  I'm a first time mom and went through ivf and a lot of scares throughout my entire pregnancy.  I don't know what is normal behavior and worry occasionally. No offense but I think it's pretty insensitive that you felt the need to say that. 
  • Options
    Not meaning to be insensitive but things like, "my LO puts their arms out to balance, is that weird?" Seems like a fake question, my bad if it was legit.
  • Options
    It's not just to balance, although that's what it looks like.   He flaps his hands, I haven't seen other babies do it and was curious.  Legit question. 
  • Options

I think it is dumb to comment on someone's post and make them feel stupid.....

I think your question is completely legit based on what you read.  I am an over-reader myself (not saying that you are) and everything makes me curious and freaks me out.  I think it only shows that you are concerned that your baby is growing to the best of your parenting ability and it makes you a good parent. 

I was concerned about stranger anxiety too.  I think they go by how you feel.  If you feel stressed, they feel stressed.. but if your baby has been around strangers / in daycare and is used to being introduced to new people, they may not need to feel overwhelmed :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJmollo28:

I think it is dumb to comment on someone's post and make them feel stupid.....

I think your question is completely legit based on what you read.  I am an over-reader myself (not saying that you are) and everything makes me curious and freaks me out.  I think it only shows that you are concerned that your baby is growing to the best of your parenting ability and it makes you a good parent. 

I was concerned about stranger anxiety too.  I think they go by how you feel.  If you feel stressed, they feel stressed.. but if your baby has been around strangers / in daycare and is used to being introduced to new people, they may not need to feel overwhelmed :)

Thank you:).  I'm absolutely an over reader. I've made myself stop so I don't drive myself crazy. If I have concerns I'll ask the pedi.  The Internet can make you crazy! Lol

Iiwas pretty shocked to hear that response, we are all mom's who care deeply about our children, and to judge someone or make them feel bad about it is horrible. 

• Options
    My intention wasn't to make you feel horrible, unfortunately there are alot of people who do post random an pointless things on purpose to spam a board. I saw your back to back posts both ending with "Is that weird?" And since your post was about him not having anxiety with strangers, I didn't understand why that would be weird? Or why an infant waving its arms would be weird? Sorry if it made you feel bad.
  • Options

imageIncognitoSuperhero:
    My intention wasn't to make you feel horrible, unfortunately there are alot of people who do post random an pointless things on purpose to spam a board. I saw your back to back posts both ending with "Is that weird?" And since your post was about him not having anxiety with strangers, I didn't understand why that would be weird? Or why an infant waving its arms would be weird? Sorry if it made you feel bad.

Thanks.  I'm a nervous worrying mom.  Glad it's normal.   

• Options
    I think you don't belong on this website if your gonna be harassing people! I think your weird!!! All her worrying just means she is an awesome mother!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"