February 2013 Moms
Options

39 weeks/baby hasn't dropped

39 week appt. still 1 cm and baby hasn't dropped. If he hasn't dropped by Monday we will probably schedule a c-section. So many anxious/scary thoughts going through my mind.

anyone else experienced or going through this?

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: 39 weeks/baby hasn't dropped

• Options
    When are you planning on scheduling a c section? Will your doctor not allow you to go to 42 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No. He is worried the baby might get to big 
    JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is there some sort of special concern here?  I'm also 39 weeks, 1cm and baby hasn't dropped and the docs haven't said a word about a c-section.  If I haven't had her by 42 weeks they recommend induction, but that's it.  And my doc also said that lots of babies don't drop until you go into labor and I shouldn't worry about it.  Your doc seems a little c-section happy.  I'd ask for more information if I were you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagebethparr1979:
    Is there some sort of special concern here?  I'm also 39 weeks, 1cm and baby hasn't dropped and the docs haven't said a word about a c-section.  If I haven't had her by 42 weeks they recommend induction, but that's it.  And my doc also said that lots of babies don't drop until you go into labor and I shouldn't worry about it.  Your doc seems a little c-section happy.  I'd ask for more information if I were you. 

What she said. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd ask for a second opinion. My daughter did come down till I started pushing. I did need patocin to help me dialate. But I went into labor on my own at 41 weeks. Have you had a growth scan us? My daughter was almost 9 lbs and I delivered her just fine. I would fight a c section. Seems like more of a risk
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm 39 wks 4 days and my LO is still "bobbing" around in there (ie he's not engaged in my pelvis and she can push on him and he kind of bobs up and down). My Dr has not said one thing about a c-section. I would really do some research and go to your next appointment (if you make it without going into labor first!) armed with some really good questions as to why and the risks of the section vs waiting. Some babies just don't drop until they are ready to come out! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At my 39 week appointment the baby still hadn't dropped, and I was only 1-1.5cm as well. My dr didn't mention anything at all about a c-section, just said "see you next friday, unless the baby decides to come out before then."  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with PPs. I am in the same situation, 39 weeks barely dilated. The MW at my hospital said he may be 9 lbs. But no mention of a C section or even induction. I would NOT be okay with that.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Really? scheduling a c-section prior to 40 weeks because baby hasn't dropped? Please, please don't fall for this. You can birth your baby how you want. No baby is going to double in size in a couple weeks. Trust your body. Please!
  • Options
    Just want to agree with the PPs.  I had my 39 week appt yesterday (I was 39w1d).  Just over 1cm dilated, 25% effaced, and baby's station was a -2.  My doctor didn't say a word about c-sections or inductions.  Heck, last week he told me he saw a patient who was PAST her due date and didn't have a bit of progress in the dilation/effacement department, so he's clearly not the kind of guy who will rush things along unnecessarily, which I am totally cool with.  As long as there aren't any extenuating circumstances, and both you and the baby are doing fine, I don't see why your doctor would immediately jump to doing a c-section BEFORE your due date.

• Options
    I don't think I ever "dropped" with my first DD and I delivered her vaginally at 40w1d.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"