August 2011 Moms

I can't get it under control...

Every time I turn around he's broken out again.  This eczema is kicking his ass...  I just called to make an in-person appt with the allergist for him.  We've already eliminated everything except meats, fruits and vegetables.  It makes no difference.  Anyone had any experience with head to foot eczema?  

The only portion of his body that doesn't seem to be affected by eczema is his diaper region.  I think that's because it's constantly covered.  This leads me to believe it's an environmental thing.  Which then makes me scared to death that it's cats.  Eff me!?  Can you imagine having to re-home 9 cats...  FML.  I know it could very well be something else, but I'm already trying to prepare myself for the worst.

This is just the top of his foot, but it's like this across his whole body.  It's rough, dry, itchy plaques in large patches everywhere. 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: I can't get it under control...

• I'm sorry - I'm sure you've tried everything under the sun already, so I'm just gonna cross my fingers it miraculously goes away on its own soon
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh no, poor guy. I really hope it's not your cats. I hope you find answers soon.

What kind of soap, lotion and detergent are you using?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Im sorry :(. Dd has it but only in her diaper area!  Which is appearantly rare.  I treat with hydrocortisone but might have to switch to a stronger steroid :( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Dd's arms and wrists have it pretty bad. Ds has it severe. It's not always food related. Ds's is asthma related. We leave them damp after showers and bath and use aquaphor. It seems to help.
  • poor little guy, did the dr suggest an allergy test? my friend had to do that for her daughter to get answers and once they did the test they knew what to eliminate and change and it got better immediately. good luck! in the meantime try an oatmeal bath.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I use Tide Free & Clear.

We wash with California Babies sensitive no fragrance.

We can't even use Aquafor because it causes him to burn and squirm uncomfortably on his open plaques.

We have hydrocortisone cream from the dermatologist.

Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• imageJaysonandKristin:

I use Tide Free & Clear.

We can't even use Aquafor because it causes him to burn and squirm uncomfortably on his open plaques.

CHANGE THE SOAP, seriously! Use only dove white bar soap, bathe every other day lukewarm water and pat dry, keep up the hydrocortisone, and at least twice a day use CeraVe cream (in the tub not pump).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • imageCaseyk1127:
    imageJaysonandKristin:

I use Tide Free & Clear.

CHANGE THE SOAP, seriously! Use only dove white bar soap, bathe every other day lukewarm water and pat dry, keep up the hydrocortisone, and at least twice a day use CeraVe cream (in the tub not pump).

BTDT...  Dove, castile, just water no soap...  

CeraVe burns his skin.  

I refuse to use hydrocortisone daily.  There's another product I'm looking into and want to discuss with the MD Protopix or Protopic... something like that.  It's non-steroidal, but at the same time I still want to talk about it with the doc first.

Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Awwww I am sorry JK. Our nephew has the same issue.

I hope it gets better,

Also I have All Free and Clear coupons if you want to try that.

Big Hugs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Have you tried exederm products?

I had terrible, terrible eczema growing up but mostly outgrew it. Mine is not associated with an allergy. We had cats too ;. I hope it gets better. I feel for the poor little guy
  • imageCaseyk1127:
    imageJaysonandKristin:

I use Tide Free & Clear.

Yes, and we only wash our stinkies. Everyone in my family has it. Seriously, DH, myself and the kids.

Or you can bathe him using oil and no soap, or an oatmeal bath.

The fact that he doesn't get it where his diaper is really makes me wonder. Could it be the water? Do you have hard water? What about getting the water tested? do you put cream or lotion on him under his diaper? You CD right? Do you wash the diapers in something different than the clothes?
  • imageRachey1082:
    imageCaseyk1127:
    imageJaysonandKristin:

I use Tide Free & Clear.

Yes, and we only wash our stinkies. Everyone in my family has it. Seriously, DH, myself and the kids. Or you can bathe him using oil and no soap, or an oatmeal bath. The fact that he doesn't get it where his diaper is really makes me wonder. Could it be the water? Do you have hard water? What about getting the water tested? do you put cream or lotion on him under his diaper? You CD right? Do you wash the diapers in something different than the clothes?

It's not the water.  He sits in the bath his torso doesn't, and it's everywhere but his butt, genitals and face.  No creams under the CDs.  CDs are washed in the same detergent as clothes, only less of the detergent is used.  

I'm telling you...  I'm effing EXHAUSTED with this freakin' situation.  Going to the allergist is waving the white flag as far as I'm concerned.  I cannot do this on my own anymore.  We don't have a history of food allergies (except Hank's dairy allergy), but O had an egg and dairy allergy.  We don't have a family history of asthma.  We don't have a family history of eczema.  Seriously. I.AM.STUMPED.   

The only lotion I can use is Vaseline petroleum jelly because everything makes it worse.  I was thinking the vaseline was working as a barrier to keep the allergens off of his skin.  I has to be environmental.  It gets better the MORE baths we take, it should be the other way around.   

Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• It gets better the more baths he takes??? It's a mystery to me. I wish I could help you, but I think you're right, the only answer is that it's environmental.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I really hope it's not your pets.
  • I am really sorry you guys are dealing with this :( I am crossing my fingers that it is not the cats.
  • There's a cream that Arbonne makes that clears that up really, really well. No chemicals in it, just botanically based.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dont worry O, G has it too, her trunk feels like alligator skin some days. 

G says, "I will scratch your back if you scratch mine?" 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"