February 2013 Moms

How often do you feel baby move?

As the due date approaches, the space that little one has obviously gets less and less and it's not as easy to move around... how often or how intense do you feel movement?  I feel like with both my pregnancies they became softer and less frequest movements but everyone was ok.  I've then also heard other women say that they feel more intense movement more often.

Just curious what everyone is going through :)

Re: How often do you feel baby move?

• Some days I feel more movement than others. It kind of varies. 
  • I probably feel less overall movement at this point, but when LO does move, it's a lot more noticeable (and usually kind of uncomfortable too!). So I guess my answer is a combination of the two.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • I think the difference you're hearing in how we describe the movements is more of just word choice.  It feels more intense in that it's more like baby trying to escape your stomach instead of a jab here and there. Jab's can take your breath away where as these rolls and shifts could be described as "softer" movements I suppose.  I feel baby morning, noon, and night....but sometimes I have to coax him to wiggle his butt (which is jammed against the right middle part of my stomach)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My baby is currently pushing on both my bladder and my ribs. It's going back and forth along my ribs and has been all morning. I feel this one move all the time.

• I feel quite a bit of movements. Today, however, they seem to be very intense! Many, many times today it's taken my breath away or I've actually yelped, "ouch!" Out loud. Oooh those feet in my ribs!!

• imagekleigh926:
    I probably feel less overall movement at this point, but when LO does move, it's a lot more noticeable (and usually kind of uncomfortable too!). So I guess my answer is a combination of the two.

This for me, too. I can sometimes even see the outline of a little limb (not sure if it's a foot, knee, fist or elbow) sticking out of my side. It's pretty uncomfortable!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Some days I feel less movement and t is softer but most of the time lately baby is moving like crazy and some of it is very painful. S/He kicks very hard and tends to find more nerves or tender spots than before (or maybe s/he just wasn't strong enough to hurt me before)?

In any case, I feel like  baby still has enough room at this point to do anything from Jazzercise to Sweatin' to the Oldies in there (which seems to be what s/he is doing) and that in a couple of weeks I will begin to feel smaller and less frequent movements. I don't know if they will be less strong though or less painful.

Other than the marathon exercising LO is into and the hiccups a couple of times a day, I feel like I get bopped or shoved or kicked by LO if s/he is hungry or cramped. So I am expecting that these demands will continue even if the space is smaller and I also am expecting to give birth to a baby that knows what it wants and will demand it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He moves pretty sporadically throughout the day - rarely for more than a minute or two at a time.  In all honestly, I think he's a little lazy.  :)  My friend has said he's probably saving his energy for being a fiesty little thing outside the womb.  Knowing his father and uncles, I'm inclined to agree.  haha.

• imagekleigh926:
    I probably feel less overall movement at this point, but when LO does move, it's a lot more noticeable and usually kind of uncomfortable too!. So I guess my answer is a combination of the two.

This is the same for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageamberrae45:
    imagekleigh926:
    I probably feel less overall movement at this point, but when LO does move, it's a lot more noticeable and usually kind of uncomfortable too!. So I guess my answer is a combination of the two.
    This is the same for me.

Me three. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The movements vary for me. Sometimes he is super active and other times he is quite still.
  • my LO moves constantly, but around 30 weeks I got nervous because she took a couple days off. According to my doctor,my mom, and my sister, she needed a few days to relax and rest so she could get some major growing done.which was true, my belly popped out like crazy after that.stretch marks started showing up at 34 weeks,which was after she had moved head down and started kicking and punching in areas i dont always feel. Now shes so low i feel her little hands moving in what feels like my vagina and has been sticking her llittle butt out or a foot out on the right side of my belly and leaving it there.both are pretty uncomfortable.some days she still moves alot,but it doesnt feel like her entire body wiggling and dancing all the time anymore,just a stretch here and there, or it feels like shes trying to push her way out of my belly.i know its gonna be weird when shes not pushing at my organs anymore but i cant wait to hold her,and for her daddy to hold her too :)
  • imageRunaway22:

imagekleigh926:
    I probably feel less overall movement at this point, but when LO does move, it's a lot more noticeable (and usually kind of uncomfortable too!). So I guess my answer is a combination of the two.

This for me, too. I can sometimes even see the outline of a little limb (not sure if it's a foot, knee, fist or elbow) sticking out of my side. It's pretty uncomfortable!  

It sounds uncomfortable! But I kind of want to see it happen too... weird, I know.  I just see my belly move in waves mostly... my 6 year old stares at my stomach while we watch TV to see if it'll do anything lol.

• I have been feeling constant, intense movement!

All day baby pushes and moves, then every evening goes through a period of thrashing around and beating me from the inside lol! This has been pretty consistant throughout the 3rd tri for me :) 

• I'm still feeling movement just as often as every, but it tends to be more rolling/pushing motions than actual kicks. If I slouch or bend over he gets pretty forceful though - I feel like he's trying to tell me to give him more space!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"