Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bumbo type seats

I know that Bumbo seats are recalled right now but I am wondering when it is appropriate to start putting LO in one?  She holds her head  very well and loves sitting up because the view is so much better.  Can anyone recommend a good one as well?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: Bumbo type seats

• Bumbo seats are fine.  What's not fine are stupid parents who put it up on the table or counter and think the laws of gravity no longer apply.  They're putting seat belts on them to make them safer but overall the seat is fine if you're it supervised on the floor.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• We just use our Bumbo. If your child has decent head control try it out. You will see pretty quick if they are too wobbly with their head and how long they can truly sit there.
    DD - 7/15/09 DS - 10/21/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I started using ours when DS was almost exactly 3 months old.  He has great head control and back strength and absolutely loves it.

The recall was kind of a joke; they put a "warning" sticker on the bumbo about not leaving the child unsupervised on raised surfaces and installed a safety belt.  I honestly wish my bumbo didn't have the safety belt because it just gets in the way and doesn't really do anything to keep my DS safe...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageelmoali:
    Bumbo seats are fine.  What's not fine are stupid parents who put it up on the table or counter and think the laws of gravity no longer apply.  They're putting seat belts on them to make them safer but overall the seat is fine if you're it supervised on the floor.

All of this.

We used ours from about 4 months but LO didn't like it much cause she wasn't sitting up yet. Once she was sitting up, she can sit in it much longer and I love that its easy to move her room to room. She can easily play and look around.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS didn't like it at 3 months even though he had pretty good head control.   At four months he started to enjoy sitting in it for longer periods of time.  I think he appreciated the new perspective.  We really don't use it that often though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• That recall is solely for the strap, if you go to their website and put in your mailing address they will send you the strap in about a week. But its not necessary if you keep your LO on the floor where the Bumbo seat belongs.
  • The only reason for the recall was because people were putting their baby in it, and then putting it on a high surface.  Therefore, since the seats didn't have harnesses in them like they do now, the babies would fall and get injured.  So, get one, and have fun with sitting with your LO on the floor.  We got one and our DD loves it. It really helps with neck strength and head control, too.  Just make sure to buckle your LO one in when using it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Today is always fresh, with no mistakes in it--Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables
  • We have this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-3-Stage-Super-Booster-Seat-Girl/20933996

The seat is like a bumbo, but can be used as a booster seat later on.  LO has been using hers since 4 months and she loves to play with the toys.  Our sitter has the same one.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• We got The Mamas and Papas seat. DS likes it, but doesn't love it. He didn't like the bumbo, prob because his leg chubs got in the way!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• I agree with the pps, but I am also letting you know that they are cheapest (so far from what I've researched) at Walmart. Don't get it from Amazon; they seem to have hiked up the price greatly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • you can also check out the bebe pod. It's like the bumbo but hasn't been recalled, comes with straps for around waist as well for around a chair if you choose to use it that way. 

our LO loved the toy that came with it, and it sticks into the tray to stand up. He LOVES playing with it!! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • About the strap/seatbelt, it sucks! LO could barely fit in the bumbo with the strap buckled.
    We removed the strap from ours. We aren't stupid parents that are going to put baby in a Bumbo in an elevated surface. And the strap is worthless for that too, the whole thing could fall with baby strapped in.
    It works much better sansstrap.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Prince Lionheart makes the exact same thing as Bumbo and my sister found a used one that already had the safety strap and a tray included last year.
  • My little girl loves her Summer Infant SuperSeat Activity Seat. It has toys to keep her entertained so I like it much more then the bumbo. It can be used as just a seat without the toys and as a booster seat when LO is older.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"