April 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone starting Non-Stress Tests soon?

Not sure how many of the ladies on this board are considered "high risk", but I was curious to see if anyone else is starting on Non-stress tests soon? Mine start next week, will be twice a week, and once a week they will do an AFI (amniotic fluid index) to check fluid levels. This is on top of my monthly growth scans and twice a month OB appointments!

I had all this with my twins too, so it isn't new to me, but it sure makes for a LOT of appointments from here til delivery! At least I will get lots of peeks at this little one. 

Anyone else about to start the NST marathon? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone starting Non-Stress Tests soon?

• Options
    I just found out yesterday that they found out my LO has a single umbilical artery which can restrict growth towards the end. It sounds like it's normal to get 1-2 NST a week during the 3rd tri with this. I have a level 2 ultrasound coming up and will have an appointment with my provider on Friday to make a plan for NSTs and growth ultrasounds. I'm a little worried about how I'm going to find childcare for all of these appointments being that I'm a stay at home mom. 
  • Options

I was worried about that too, I work so the only times I could schedule were in the mornings before I drop them off at school (due to how far my work and their school is from the hospital). I called to schedule and they told me it was absolutely fine to bring my kiddos with me, they have a TV that they can set up with kids movies for that very reason. She was great about it.

The NST itself is only 20-30 minutes long and you are strapped to a contraction and heart monitor for it, while sitting in a recliner (as I remember). If baby is reactive, you are done pretty quickly and can get in and out in less than an hour. Do you think your little one can sit still for a half hour or so with you in the room to read to her or entertain her? If not, maybe a family member could come with you to help watch her?  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't live close to either of our families but if she could watch TV she would be totally content for that amount of time. She's definitely a toddler though (22 months) which makes her pretty unpredictable. I think if I brought her the first time and it was a terrible experience I could probably talk friends into watching her while I went. 
  • Options
    Sounds like the scheduled suggested by doctor but I asked him was ideal vs. necessary.  He agreed to NST once a week vs twice a week until the last month so that helps a lot.  I am still working full time and my doc is 40 minutes from my work so I have to have the appointments at 730 in the morning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My NSTs start at 32 weeks, twice weekly. I'll also have another growth scan at 32 weeks. Not sure if they'll continue with those or not, I guess it depends on how LO is growing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • Options
    My NSTs start next week. I get 2/week, plus a weekly u/s. This was all originally scheduled because I'm having twins, but then I got diagnosed with GD as well. 
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I start my NST's in three weeks (when I'm 32 weeks). I need to go two times a week and they have to be on the same two days so it's every Tuesday and Friday for me. Then there is the monthly growth ultrasound, the every other week Obgyn appointment, and the monthly endocrinologist and nutritionist (I have Pre-existing type 2 diabetes). When I asked they said the NST's will take about an hour a session. 
  • Options
    Is it common to get NST's regularly? Or is it only under certain circumstances? I think after my next appointment I go every 2 weeks, and I believe a growth scan at either 34 or 36 weeks, but there was no mention of anything else on top of that.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Had one on Monday after having a high blood pressure reading. The dr sent me dtraight to the hospital to do it. Now I have to go to the dr on mondays every week and do the NST after each appt at the hospital, and still have an ultrasound every two weeks, which they are decideding if they are going to bump it up to weekly. Kind of glad now that my dr put me off work because all this dr/hospital time would have been hard to juggle with my regular schedule.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"