Stay at Home Moms

Help me name my hypothetical 3rd kid...

Bored? Help me name my I-am-not-sure-if-we-have-even-conceived-it-yet baby.

Kids are Hudson and Harper (never thought I would go with the same initial kids, but those were my two favorite names so here we are).

I feel like I have locked myself into the H names now.  My favorite boys name is Hayes (I did like Harrison but I do NOT like Harry and as much as I would try to have him nn Harris, I think Harry would still happen). 

Girl names: Hadley, Hazel (my grandmother's name) and Hallie. I LOVE the name Finley, but I feel like that would be weird.

Thoughts? suggestions? Ideas? (and yes we are trying).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10

Re: Help me name my hypothetical 3rd kid...

• imageNandaB:
    Your boy names are NMS, so I'm no help in that department. I do like Hadley and Hazel. What about Henry or Helen?

Boy names are so hard! Hudson is pretty much the only one I liked!

• Oh, I love Hazel! It's one of my very favourites right now! 

H names for boys.... Henry? Hayes... Heath.... Hosea.... Hugh... Hugo... Hunter.... Harold.... Harling... Hyatt... Harper? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagejoyfullyfound:

Oh, I love Hazel! It's one of my very favourites right now! 

H names for boys.... Henry? Hayes... Heath.... Hosea.... Hugh... Hugo... Hunter.... Harold.... Harling... Hyatt... Harper? 

Harper is my daughter's name! :)

I do like Hunter. I don't love Henry for some reason??

• I like Hayes a lot for a boy name!
  • I really like Harrison and, like pp said, Henry. We are doing Henry if we ever have a boy. It was my grandfather's name. For the girls names I like Hazel and Hadley. If you like Finley, I just can't wrap my mind around not doing it just because the others have H names. My daughter and I both have frist names starting with A (just coinsidence.) People have already started assuming that all my girls will be As, but our plan is to name the next girl Emily. I know some people like to have all the names start with the same letter but that stuff isn't really important to me.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagetrizzie:

Bahaha, I knew that too! Oops :P 

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Henry until a few years ago when I worked at a preschool where we had the most ADORABLE Henry ever! His big blue eyes and sweet smile converted me :)  

Just so you know, I wouldn't feel like you're stuck with an H name if I were you. It's cute to have names that all start with the same initial, but totally unnecessary. I can think of three families right now that I know who have 3 kids, one of which has a different first initial than the other two. I've never thought of it as weird. So, I think if an H name pops out at you, then go for it. But if you fall in love with a different name instead, then definitely go with that one. I think your (hypothetical haha) child would prefer having a name you adored and meant something to you, than I name you felt had to fit with the other two... you know?  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagejoyfullyfound:
    imagetrizzie:

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Henry until a few years ago when I worked at a preschool where we had the most ADORABLE Henry ever! His big blue eyes and sweet smile converted me :)  

Just so you know, I wouldn't feel like you're stuck with an H name if I were you. It's cute to have names that all start with the same initial, but totally unnecessary. I can think of three families right now that I know who have 3 kids, one of which has a different first initial than the other two. I've never thought of it as weird. So, I think if an H name pops out at you, then go for it. But if you fall in love with a different name instead, then definitely go with that one. I think your (hypothetical haha) child would prefer having a name you adored and meant something to you, than I name you felt had to fit with the other two... you know?  

That is a good point! I feel silly that it even crosses my mind! I do love Finley. And Bennet for a boy.

• imagetrizzie:
    imagejoyfullyfound:
    imagetrizzie:

That is a good point! I feel silly that it even crosses my mind! I do love Finley. And Bennet for a boy.

I just can't get into Finley for a boy or a girl.  I like Bennet, too.  My sister is the only "S" name out of three other "K" names.  She doesn't like it but you certainly aren't setting up this child for therapy if you stray from another "H".

• I agree that you shouldn't feel forced to use an H name

That said, I love Harrison, but I am also ok with Harry.

For a girl, DD's mn is Helene, I like that and Helena

We are so unsure about names, all the names in previous lists are out our one reason or another! GL!
    ETA I like Finley and feel like it would go nicely with the sibs
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I love the name Hazel for a girl. What about Holden for a boy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • I also agree you don't have to lock into H names. But I like Higgins, it is my sons name.

• From your list I like Hayes and Hallie. I don't think you have to do H though.
  • I like the name Hayden, Harper, Hazel, Hallie.

I don't think you NEED to go with "H" names if you don't want, though.  If you don't love another H name, go with something you do love!

• You haven't locked yourself into H names unless you want to be. But FWIW, I love Hayes. A colleague of mine from HS names her son Hayes and I really like it a lot. I also like Harrison but not keen on Harry. Your girl names are okay for me, but to add to your list, I love Helene, Hannah, Holly and Hope.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If we have another boy it will be Henderson after my great-grandfather, he'll probably go by Henry though

Love Hadley for a girl :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Y'all have some great suggestions!!! Thanks!!!

I forgot I do love the name Hope too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"