February 2013 Moms

Big baby? 37 week ultrasound

I just had my 37 week ultrasound and my LO is measuring at 7 lbs 7 oz and 85% percentile. HOLY MOLY! I still have 16 days until my CS!!

Anyone else have babies measuring this big?

I feel like she's going to be huge! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Big baby? 37 week ultrasound

• No. But I'm also only 31 weeks and have two babies. Also, my OB said that after about 30 weeks the ultrasound is known to be notoriously off for weight. You could very well already have an 8lb baby or you could possibly have a 6lb baby. Or you could be among the rare few that have a measurement that is spot on.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My first son was born at 38w2d  10 lbs 1 oz 21 in long  and they thought he was going to be 8 lbs.   I'll pray for you  Wink
  • Loading the player...
  • At my 37 week u/s my baby was estimated to be 8lbs even. Still pregnant, so not sure how accurate that was yet! I'll be 40 weeks Friday

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had my last ultra sound at 33 weeks and they said baby girl is measuring 5lbs 6 oz. I am nervous. I will be 38 weeks on Thursday and don't know how much bigger I can get. They said her head is in the 67th percentile. Great that's te first part that has to come out. I was 9 lb 1 oz. and dad was 10lbs 7 oz.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm nervous too because he was 6 lbs 8 oz yesterday, but that's because I am trying for a vbac and my first was only 5 lb 12 oz.  I think this one is going to be average size of 7.5-8lbs but still much bigger than my first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 37 weeks u/s measured 7 lbs 9 oz. My first was 7 lb 15 oz. I am hoping the baby won't get too big.
  • My little guy was measuring 7.5 lbs at 34 weeks! Guess we'll see how accurate that was in the next week or so.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I think we've pretty well established on these boards too not to put stock in growth u/s. They have a 20% sway either way at this point in pregnancy so that baby could be anywhere between 6 lbs and 9 lbs. Don't sweat it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't worry. I saw them measuring the head about 40 times, and i was watching and she kept taking pictures again because the head was measuring 41 weeks at my 36 weeks. After another round of pictures, she got the head size down to 38 weeks, so only 2 weeks ahead. Luckily at my drs office they don't put much stock in the sizing, and they didn't even bring it up that the baby was large, i just ask a LOT of questions.

You will be fine! Plus the baby is big, then they say those are better sleepers. Win/win

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my twins, they estimated my babies to both be over 8 lbs at my 37 week ultrasound. They were born one week later and each weighed only 7lbs 1 oz. 

Don't fret!

• I had my child last week at 354 and he was 7 lb 2.5 oz. I can only imagine how large he would have been at full term.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• I just had my weekly growth scan at 37 weeks- he was measuring 8lbs 9oz!  and his long bones are all measuring at 41wks!  My doctor always says the same as the ladies here- that the ultrasound can be off by 500+ grams in either direction but I know he will likely be on the bigger side since of my GD and both DH and I were over 8lbs at birth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"