August 2013 Moms
Options

Gender reveal party?

I was just curious- For those of you who are doing a gender reveal party, when are you doing it? I originally was opposed to learning the gender and wanted it to be a surprise when LO is born but DH is so set on it, and MIL also wants to know. I am thinking about doing a gender reveal, but I want to find out along with everyone else. We'll do the gender in the envelope and have a baker do cupcakes. We won't have the ultrasound for about another month and a half though.
image image image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Gender reveal party?

• Options

I wouldn't do a sex reveal party myself. I think they are kind of AWish.

I do think I would be willing to have dinner with the parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles and siblings and cut a cake. Honestly, it is only the parents, grandparents and maybe the siblings/aunts/uncles who care.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    It's a cute idea. If you're going to do it, I'd just have the party whenever you find out, so right after your 20 week ultrasound?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the simpler, the better. Cupcakes/cake is enough. Making it this big thing makes it awkward for people. Immediate family will be interested, sure, but that doesn't mean they want a whole event planned around it. I mean, I am really interested in how my BFF's date went tonight, but I really don't want to be invited to a whole shindig for her to reveal to me if she liked him or not.
    "She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

As I said, I was tentatively considering around 32 weeks to do it. I won't be doing anything big, probably just making some cupcakes or possibly getting some made, it depends on how much they would cost. We'll just gather DH's family for some, just low-key. Nothing like what some people do on Pinterest. I think it's silly to make a big deal out of it. I'm not sure if I will be having a baby shower though, because DH's family and my family are 3.5 hours apart which makes it difficult to get everyone together at one time. This may be the only "baby party" we end up having. I also realize that this may not be possible in the event that we aren't able to catch a good glimpse, so this may prove to be moot but I am just thinking ahead because I am an uberplanner.

image image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If I did have one, it would just consist of the family members I think would care....probably just do a cake to announce it.  As for when, I guess whenever we knew the gender!  But before the baby shower in may.
  • Options

Every year I have a small St. Patricks/Birthday Party with my family.  My mom's B-day is 3-17.  I am just gong to order a cake from a bakery and incorporate it into the party.  I am inviting my husbands side this year for the announcement.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think you should do it however you want! I think it's a cute idea! I would probably do it as soon as I find out the sex.

I will also do something small with close family with a cake or cupcakes.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    We are doing a gender reveal party. :-) It's the first baby in our family so everyone is very excited for it. We are just inviting over our siblings, their spouses, our parents and grandparents. We are doing some fun boy vs girl games. We'll have some snacks. We are going to be revealing with a box of Balloons :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

I think it depends on your family and friends. I am not doing one but I know my family and friends will take any excuse to get together and eat food together. So it isn't necessarily AWish if your group of people love getting together for any excuse.

I agree with this re: gender reveal parties - all depends on your group. My friends are already asking me what I'm going to do - they're all very excited to find out as well as our families. I personally could not wait long between the u/s and the party - I'd be too anxious!! If all goes as planned we'll be having our u/s on 03/13 (my birthday!!) and we'll have the get together on 03/17.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    I was planning to do it at the baby shower. I think it gives people something to at least be excited about, and I hope it will prevent a lot of the pointless but "super cute" outfits the baby will never wear! That's the plan! We will however tell our parents probably as soon as we find out. We should know next Wednesday..... Can't wait!!!!
    ~~~Our first little one is due on Aug. 20th 2013~~~
  • Options
    I think the idea is cute.... DH's cousin did one recently. Our familys feelings at this point is "been there done that" so I have to fingure something else out or just tell. A friend of mine just posted a a poem on FB to say she was having a girl.
  • Options

imageGeniyaK:
    I was planning to do it at the baby shower. I think it gives people something to at least be excited about, and I hope it will prevent a lot of the pointless but "super cute" outfits the baby will never wear! That's the plan! We will however tell our parents probably as soon as we find out. We should know next Wednesday..... Can't wait!!!!

That's exactly what we're doing as well! We don't want an overabundance of clothing and gender specific items and not get what we REALLY need, so we're going to register for all neutral items and reveal with a cake for the bridal shower. :)

• Options
    I did one for my second son. I had just our parents/close family over and let them cut into the cake.
    imageimageimageimageBabyFetus Ticker Mommy of two amazing boys **Aiden 5 & Logan 3**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"