April 2013 Moms

Went to the ER yesterday (kind of long)

I started having some pains/cramps in my lower abdomen and on my right side over the weekend.  They would come and go, but nothing too bad.  I woke up several times through the night on Monday with the same pain, so I called the doctor to see if it was normal.  She tought it sounded like round ligament pain, and gave me a list of things to try.  If I didnt feel better by the next day, then they wanted me to come and get checked out.  I was at work and decided that I would take a 1/2 day so I could go home and rest.  Well I never made it out of the building.  Right before I was ready to leave, the pain started to intensify, and then I felt nauceaus, I was hot and cold at the same.  So I ran into the bathroom and sat down on the floor.  I luckily had my cell phone, so I called my friend also my co-worker, and asked her if she could bring me home.  By the time she got to me, I realized that I needed to go to the hospital.  I couldnt get up off of the floor, becuase the pain was so intense.  They actually got an office chair with wheels, wheeled me out to the car, and brought me to the ER in a snow storm!  My husband was stuck in traffic, so he met us at the hospital.  Well it turns out, the initial pain I was feeling was the RLP, but the severe pain/cramps was actually labor!  Because I wasnt feeling well, I didnt eat or drink enough that day which caused me to go into labor.  Luckily, it was a false labor, because nothing was progressing.  They checked the baby, and he was perfectly fine.  They gave me an IV and then sent me home a few hours later. It was very scary for a while, but I am so glad that the baby was ok, and I wasnt actually in labor!   Make sure that you are eating and drinking enough!!

Re: Went to the ER yesterday (kind of long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"