Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Diaper Genie

For those of you who have the diaper genie...

does it work well with eliminating diaper odor in your home?  was it worth the buy?

Considering purchasing one so I was wondering what those of you who have one think of them...

TIA! 

Re: Diaper Genie

• I definitely don't have a problem with smell, but I think it would be the same if you had a tight lidded trash can.  I like ours just fine, but the refills are expensive and I probably would have just bought a nice trash can and emptied it regularly if I had to do it again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well worth the price--no smell and easy to use. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was hesitant at first too but I love mine. Definitly keeps odors out and easy to use/change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually ended up liking the arm & hammer one better but they both are much nicer than just sticking them in a trash can. You don't have to empty something quite as often and I have never smelled the diapers, even in the process of taking out the bag and tossing it. 
  • Love ours!!!

• imagecelinajo1985:
    I actually ended up liking the arm & hammer one better but they both are much nicer than just sticking them in a trash can. You don't have to empty something quite as often and I have never smelled the diapers, even in the process of taking out the bag and tossing it. 

this.  

• Thanks for the feedback!  I am definitely going to get one now...We have a tightlid trashcan and I can definitely smell diapers constantly...

Thanks again! 

• I have the Munchkin Arm and Hammer Diaper Pail. I have never smelt a diaper but the lid can stick which is annoying.

• BRU had a combo box...one of the newer models with a step pedal and one of the older models for like $40...at least they had it when I got mine back in the summer...not sure if they still have this or not. It was nice because I have one for her room and one for downstairs in the kitchen.
  • imageshortysgrrl01:
    I was hesitant at first too but I love mine. Definitly keeps odors out and easy to use/change.

This.

• I like it, but know that the refills are expensive. Although...we have twins so we are replacing it twice as often. ;)  Ha!
  • We have one and we also got the arm and hammer little scents that go in the bottom of the pail and that seems to help. I have noticed that sometimes there is a little smell. We just bought my aunt who is having her baby shower this weekend the Diaper Dekor Plus from Babies R Us and the sales associate said that it is the best diaper pail and eliminates all odor!
  • I have the Elite (I think it's bigger or something, but basically the same thing). 

We got it as a shower gift (along with a package of three refills). We have not bought any refills (we're on our last one), so a refill lasts about a month or a little longer for us. I don't smell anything when I'm in the room where it is.

I personally love our Diaper Genie Elite. If I had bought it myself (and I probably would have) I would say it was definitely worth the money (especially since DS is pooping more smelly poops now). The only down side to it is that you have to buy refills...but they last a while for us. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got the Arm and Hammer one bc it had better reviews and the bags are really easy to change. Plus I can add more baking soda whenever I want.

• We love our diaper genie. No smell, just wish it held more when we were using sposies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love our Genie just wish it didn't get full so quickly.  Now I only throw away poopy diapers in it.  It def works to eliminate the odor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I love ours and at the bottom I put either the Arm & Hammer scent circles, or a Scentsy travel tin.  I seriously think it was worth getting.   The inserts come 3 to a package, at $20 a package last time I got them at Target, so dependent upon what size diaper you are using, you probably will go through one of the inserts in about 2 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Today is always fresh, with no mistakes in it--Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables
  • I love ours. My only complaint is the cost of the bags and how quickly you have to refill them.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• We have one because it was given to us would i have bought it myself no only because you can get a trashcan with a lid and use scented trash bags if you want it would be cheaper than the refills for the diaper genie
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"