February 2013 Moms

Why can't I sleep?!?

Ok so I'm 39 weeks due feb 3rd and I've been super lucky knock on wood...NO complaints for 39 weeks. Well now I can only sleep 30 min at a time at night and wake up super alert feeling like its time to go to work! What is up with that!!?! I want my nice deep sleep : shouldn't my body realize I need sleep now because soon baby will not be letting me get much....why is this happening? Anyone else ?

Re: Why can't I sleep?!?

• Yep! I've been dealing with this for the last few weeks! Sleep

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yupp. I just got up and ate an English muffin... tried to go back to bed and amccurrently laying here while DH snores...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here. I've been up for more than an hour now and I know I'll be s zombie at work today!
    BabyFruit Ticker

my read shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Yep me too! Thank god for DVr. I am having random contractions but wishing for more consistency. 
  • I wake up every night sometime between 3 and 6.  I know from experience that there's no use in trying to go back to sleep, so I always get up, eat some cereal, then sit around while that digests a bit.  Then I head back to bed.  I wind up waking up again sometime between 7:30 and 10, but I can usually go back to sleep at that point. 

Yes, it's super frustrating.  Our bodies need the sleep more than ever, and they just don't want to cooperate.  I've slowly gotten used to it though, and I think waking up this many times in the middle of the night will help after LO arrives, since I'll be BFing.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I think it's just our brains getting into baby mode. Even my DH has it!! We only sleep at most for an hr each and then are up and wide awake. I've gotten up and done laundry, dishes, taken baths, watched movies, bumped it up and had entire meals. Why fight it?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've slept on the couch the past 2 nights and I'm up all the time! I'm a pretty light sleeper anyways, so usually when I have to turn over I wake up. I definitely feel like it takes me longer to get sleepy at night, then I can't sleep, and then in the a.m. I am exhausted but still can't get myself to nap.
  • I have been having a difficult time sleeping, too. Going to the bathroom and having so much on my mind is not conducive to a deep sleep. I hope your sleep gets better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, the sleeping through the night was my FAVORITE part about this pregnancy, and it seems to be gone now too. 

I'd say walk around a lot today, clean, and wear yourself out so you're exhausted, but I don't actually think that's great advice for someone due in a week.

Hope you catch some zzzs. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's been happening to me sometimes too...normally if I get up for a pee or a drink I can INSTANTLY fall back to sleep, but lately I find myself lying awake...I think, personally, I'm just anxious! I want to have my outside baby SOOO bad! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a few more weeks than you left - and I am already there.  Ugh - missing sleep doesn't help when you're already tired :(  When had a few nights of that in a row a couple of weeks ago, I took a Tylenol PM and I didn't even wake up to pee!  It was awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"