March 2013 Moms

WFD?

The fam loves it, so why not, but I am so tired. Ehhhh, it's one of my faves too. I think I will make homemade mash with it. 

https://shecooksandheeats.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/mini-bacon-meatloaf-balls/

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY MY KIDDOS TO YOURS!  

Re: WFD?

• We're having a slowcooker chicken & sausage stew with white beans & spinach. I'll make a salad and DH is going to pick up some rolls.
  • We're having waffles (just bought a waffle maker I can't wait to use!), bacon and fruit salad.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Loading the player...
  • Just finished putting this into the crockpot...cheeey chicken tator tot casserole and some fresh broccoli on the side.  New recipe---hopefully it's good!

https://lisasdinnertimedish.com/?p=3699

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chicken fajitas... Yum! Wish I didn't have to wait for the husband to come home because I want them now lol
  • I want chicken salad with tons of fruit in it.

But I am le tiiiired. Sooo...maybe I can talk the hubstache into some take out tonight, chicken salad tomorrow. 

It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm having leftover chicken tortilla soup I made. It's soooo delicious and easy too. 

Tortilla Soup with Chicken and Avocados
    10 servings

9 tbsp vege oil (will be divided-see recipe)
    4 6" corn tortillas, halved, cut crosswise into strips  (((This part is if you want to make your own tortilla chips. I skip this step and use store bought.  You still need tortillas though!)

8 6" corn tortillas, cut into bite-size pieces
    1 med onion, chopped
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    6 garlic cloves, minced
    2 14 1/2 oz cans diced tomatoes in juice
    8 cups caned low-salt chicken broth
    1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    3 bay leaves
    4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

2 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese
    3 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, diced
    sour cream

Heat 3 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Add tortilla strips; fry until golden, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.  Transfer to paper towels to drain.  Season fried tortilla strips with salt.

Heat 6 tbsp oil in large saucepan over high heat.  Add tortilla pieces, onion, cilantro and garlic; saut? about 3 minutes.  Stir in tomatoes with juices; bring mixture to boil.  Add broth, cumin, chili powder and bay leaves; return to boil.  Reduce heat; add chicken and cayenne.  Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.  Using slotted spoon, remove bay leaves and transfer cooked chicken to plate; cool.  Shred chicken breasts and return to sour. (can be made up to 8 hours ahead. cool slightly. chill uncovered until cold, then cover; keep chilled)

Bring soup to simmer.  Ladle into bowls.  Top with cheese, avocados, dollop of sour cream and fried tortilla strips.

YOU CAN JUST USE STORE BOUGHT CHIPS!!! 

• I want to eat supper at all of your houses! We're having a tombstone pizza because my husband and I are both working late today....hangs head in nutrition shame!
  • Mmm...those all sound delish!

We're having bacon-wrapped chicken tournedos, probably fettucine with alfredo sauce, and steamed mixed veggies.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Quiche with oven roasted green beans. This quiche is easy because you don't need a crust so it's great for quick meals.

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-Quiche/Detail.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm going to make Chicken Korma, a garden salad, and potatoes roasted with Indian Masala Clubhouse seasoning and olive oil. I've been pretty lazy with dinners lately and I want to surprise DH with something requiring a bit more effort tonight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"