March 2013 Moms

holy headache, batman!

I've had the WORST throbbing headache all weekend (that doesn't even go away with tylenol), and it's still there today. I called the doctor this morning since my fingers also started to swell this weekend (my ring is 1/2 size too big, and it's suddenly so tight that it leaves an indent), and with those two sudden symptoms combined, they wanted me to come in ASAP this morning to check my BP.

Well, I had to wait for my manager to show up at work (he picked today to be 2 1/2  hours late...he told me he was going to be an hour late, and then texted me 5 mins before he walked through the door, saying, oops, I meant 9:30, not 8:30), but as soon as he got there and I told him what was going on, he said to go ahead and just leave right then (and I hope he felt like a jacka.ss for being so late and making me wait--he's actually late quite often, just usually not as late as today). 

Anyway, they checked my BP, and it's only 112/60 (normal for me), no protein in my urine, so she gave me a prescription for butalbital/acetaminophen/caffeine, and even though I took it over an hour ago, my headache is still there, ugh! I'm not dehydrated, so that's not what's causing it either. So frustrating!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: holy headache, batman!

• Ugh that's frustrating. I've spent much of my life being prone to headaches so I feel your pain... no pun intended. Maybe it's a pinched nerve? Hope you feel better soon!
  • I had a headache yesterday for hours. Usually my headaches are caused by dehydration or allergies.  So first I took a shower and drank lots of water.  When it didn't go away I took allergy medicine and a Sudafed.  That seemed to help.  I went to sleep and so far today, no more headache. Hope it goes away for you soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been fighting a sinus headache off and on for weeks now. Tylenol is worthless because they're caused by inflammation. My OB told me Sudafed is ok to take, but I have other issues that cause me to be unable to take it. She recommended saline and using a humidfier at night for my headaches. Not saying that you're dealing with a sinus headache, but just a thought. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a headache right now too.  I'd say drink a real coke too... ice pack on the head... and honestly - maybe a massage.  A massage might be the cure. I think it would really help mine!
  • Ugh me too. This is day 3 and it won't go away. I've been taking 2 tylenol every 5 hours, I drink coffee everyday and have not changed anything. I've been eating and drinking to make sure that isn't the problem. It's killing me. SO is home today so I took a nap, woke up and it's still here :( I hope it goes away soon. Let me know if you find a "cure", lol.
  • imageMrsHark122:
    I have a headache right now too.  I'd say drink a real coke too... ice pack on the head... and honestly - maybe a massage.  A massage might be the cure. I think it would really help mine!

Coke usually helps me.  Drink a coke and take a bath and lay down in a dark room.  I feel for you!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"