October 2012 Moms

xp: EP ladies..

How many oz does your little one eat in a day? Since I'm back to work, I mostly pump (only nurse him in the evenings)..On most days, he only eats 3 bottles  (4.5 oz each)and nurses twice (he STTN). With my supply being lower in the evenings, I think he's probably only eating about 20-22 oz/day.. Even on the days where he manages 6 feedings, he might be lucky to take in 25 oz/day. He will be 3 months on Feb 6th so that just doesn't seem like enough..Of course we don't have another doc appt until March so I figured I'd ask here first before calling the nurse line at the pedi..
Mommy of 3! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: xp: EP ladies..

• Our LO is 16.5 weeks and feeds 6 times every day. On weekdays, he bottle feeds 5 out of the 6 times for a total of 24 oz. I pretty much pump enough to stock the next day so my stash is maintained. At 3.5 months, he was only eating 20 oz for those 5 bottle sessions. 

I figure if he needs more or less, he'll get it from me. For the past week though, he's been leaving some left in his bottles. Not sure why yet...
  • He eats between 26-30oz a day depending on if he gets up for a middle of the night feeding. He eats 4 4oz bottles while at daycare.  I think that as long as your LO is gaining weight it really doesn't matter how much they are eating because they, like us, will eat varying amounts to stay nourished.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS eats on average about 6 4oz bottles a day, so 24oz(ish). Some days he'll leave some in the bottles, other days he'll have an extra bottle or two- just depends.
    Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Mine drinks/eats 4-5 three ounce bottles when I'm gone from 9-6. She gets too full after 3 ounces....sometimes she can get in 4 ounce if she naps for 3+ hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"