Babies: 3 - 6 Months

They say it gets easier

Having an awful day today. My 4 month old LO woke up and wanted to play, laugh and talk this morning... I could only do it for a few minutes and then I had to put her down in her swing and get ready for work. I don't know what it was about today, I've been back at work for almost two months, but I lost it and have not been able to regain my composure. I miss her so much during the day. I know that I have to work to help support the family and I am grateful to be able to do so but it is so hard. The ladies I work with tell me that it gets easier but I miss her so much it really is so difficult to leave her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: They say it gets easier

• Hugs. No advice because I feel the same about my little guy. It's so hard to leave him in the mornings and I just look at his pics most of the day. I'm crazy ha I just love that guy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Just wanted to say that I know the feeling. Most mornings my DD isn't even awake when I leave for work, and it breaks my heart.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • It's tough here too - I often find myself peeking at the daycare cam to see if I can spot him. At the end of the day, once he flashes those gummy smiles at me, I'm ok :) I think it does get better - just takes time. 
  • imagebuttaflai:
    It's tough here too - I often find myself peeking at the daycare cam to see if I can spot him. At the end of the day, once he flashes those gummy smiles at me, I'm ok :) I think it does get better - just takes time. 

I WISH my daycare had a camera! Then again, I'd probably never get any work done. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagebuttaflai:
    It's tough here too - I often find myself peeking at the daycare cam to see if I can spot him. At the end of the day, once he flashes those gummy smiles at me, I'm ok :) I think it does get better - just takes time. 
    I wish mine had a cam too! Might make me feel better to know he is totally in good hands :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My hubby got laid off so he has been home with baby girl. Every morning I move her from her crib to her "nest" on our bed so my husband can tend to her when she first wakes up. Today for the first time when I laid her down she was wide awake and smiling at me, trying to play. I kissed her on the head and told her to be a good girl for Daddy and she laughed at me. Broke my heart to leave.
  • You ladies are tough! The US should establish a better maternity leave. 
  • imagekateraid:
    You ladies are tough! The US should establish a better maternity leave. 

I totally agree. It really is not enough time. I wish it were up to a year, because I think most people need that time to adjust and bond with their babies. Honestly, it may always be a little hard for you to leave, but you are doing the right thing for your family and your kids will benefit from all your hard work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hang in there! It is tough, but make the most out of the weekends and Holidays....I find myself wishing for a money tree all of the time. Our LO is so happy when I drop him off at daycare and every day I want to stay and play too.
  • It is so hard. Mondays are the hardest, too, after being with them all weekend. Hugs!! You're not alone!
  • I hate it too!! It sucks.. but we have to do what we have to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Mondays are hardest for me, especially after we've had guests over the weekend because I have to share DD2 with them!  I get that her grandparents want to spend time with her, but Im at work all day and the nights and weekends are my time with her - I get very jealous when I don't get my mommy and DD2 time! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"