Baby Names

Cousins

Do you think cousins named Abby and Addie are too similiar?

Just nicknames...neither would be their real names.

Re: Cousins

• Growing up in a large family (lots of cousins), we had groups of us with similar names.  Melissa/Michelle, Christoper/Crystal, Andy/Anthony/Amy, Stephen/Stephanie, Justin/Jimmy, and others that I can't think of right now.  Never bothered any of us and no one ever got confused.  I think it's okay.
  • I think its fine
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I see no issues.  I have a close family and 2 of my cousins are Mila and Maria and I didn't hesitate to name my DD Mia. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • That's actually the reason I ruled out Adalyn. I love Addie but we have a Maddie and and Abbey so I thought it would be too much especially since we all see each other often. Abby and Addie aren't too bad though.
  • My husband has a cousin with the same first and last name. He's about 18 yrs younger than DH but the families are pretty close. It was weird at first but now everyone is just used to it. I think Abby and Addie would be fine especially if those are just nicknames :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• A little but it is not too bad.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I don't think so for cousins.  I had two cousins with the same exact name, the younger was adopted and came with the name.  It never caused any issues.  I thought it was completely normal to have similar or the same names in big families.
    Photobucket Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker
  • When you have a large family (like I do) you can't let this stop you from the name you love. I have a first cousin with the same name as me. We just rely on the use of MN's now, and when we were much younger we relied on "Big Em" and "Little Em" (thank goodness I was the "little" HA!)

If you love the name, it won't ever be a problem, everyone will learn how to deal. 

• imagebabies2under2:

Do you think cousins named Abby and Addie are too similiar?

Just nicknames...neither would be their real names.

Not for cousins! We are super bummed, our favorite boy name was Jack & my SIL had her first in August....his name is Jack! I told my hubbers I'd still love to use the name because we don't see them that often. So we are thinking of doing Jax now instead?!?! On that side though there's Jack, Jude, Jase... Noah & Ayla! To throw another "J" name in there might be too much, but again we don't see them that often!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"