May 2013 Moms

WFD?

Happy sunday, ladies! I am bored with what I have been cooking. I recently just tried this crock pot honey seasame chicken that is amazing!! But I don't want to make the same thing twice in one week. Any good suggestions for dinner? What are you all making? Thanks!

Re: WFD?

• We're having chicken fajitas and Spanish rice. Lately everything I've been cooking involves avocado as a topping or ingredient lol.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • honey sesame chicken sounds so yummy! We just made fried rice for lunch and I think we're making porcupines for dinner...
  • Loading the player...
  • New recipe-crock pot tomato basil soup. It is cold here so soup sounded good :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pizza and wing night!
  • imagecrazycoffeegirl:
    honey sesame chicken sounds so yummy! We just made fried rice for lunch and I think we're making porcupines for dinner...

Porcupine? My better judgement says thats not the animal, though my family has made opossum and squirrel..lol.

• Lentil and vegetable coconut peanut curry is in the crock pot making the house smell awesome. Gonna have to start on the rice to go with it soon. Think I might do lemon tomato rice.
  • We make homemade pizza with hot Italian chicken sausage every Sunday.  

DH and I are all about having 4 of our meals be the same week in and week out.

Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays tend to be our unplanned days.  It makes grocery shopping pretty painless.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ready to pop a shepherd's pie in the oven. Hopefully there's enough for lunch tomorrow.

Care to share your recipe? I've been craving Chinese food and also need to use the crock pot more. :
  • imageShantxtell:
    I'm having Chessecake Factory. And I may have the whole piece of cheesecake to myself....

Oh. My. Gosh. I am obsessed with the buffalo blasts there. Its like a combo of a mozzerella cheese stick and a buffalo wing. I have to get them every time I go. I can easily eat a whole piece of cheesecake pre-pregnancy, and golly am I lucky to have my godfather who not only treats me to dinner there once a month, but he got me a WHOLE CHEESECAKE when my m/s stopped!

• imageruth*ann:
    Ready to pop a shepherd's pie in the oven. Hopefully there's enough for lunch tomorrow. Care to share your recipe? I've been craving Chinese food and also need to use the crock pot more. :

2 lbs thawed chicken breast rubbed with salt & pepper

1 c honey

1/2 c soy sauce

1/2 c chopped onion

1/4c ketchup

2 tbs veg oil

2 cloves chopped garlic

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

3 scallions, chopped

2 tsp powdered ginger

4 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 6 tbsp water

1 tbsp seasame seeds, toasted

Put chicken in crock pot. Mix honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic, pepper flakes, and ginger in a bowl. Pour into crock pot. Cook on low for 4 hours. Take out chicken & cut into bite size pieces (or shred) & set aside. Dissolve the cornstarch in water, mix into crock pot sauce (thickens, you can also add sugar). Cook on high for 7-10 mins. Spoon sauce over chicken, sprinkle scallions & seasame seeds on top!

• Soy sauce, powdered ginger, sugar, toasted sesame seeds, green onion makes a really good sauce too. I use that for chicken kabobs mmm

• H is out of town so its just me. I made curry chicken salad. I use greek yogurt instead of mayo to make it much healthier and throw in some chopped up granny smith apples, walnuts, celery, and dried cranberries...so yummy! Left overs are in the fridge for lunch tomorrow! I'll probably have a bowl of Chocolate Fiber One cereal for dessert!
  • Thanks! That's definitely being added to the list.
  • Just a soup and salad for me. I'm sure I'll be munching away on something else 10 minutes after I'm done anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"